• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Still hungry?

Bill S.

I’m still in the puréed stage till January 20 . I’ve been measuring and weighing my food every day according to my surgeons plan only thing is I can’t tell if I’m still hungry when I’ve finished or full now .My stomach still hurts a bit too so that could explain it . I see my regular Dr. on Friday so maybe he’ll figure it out but right now I guess I’m asking you guys for help since you’ve been helpful before.

I really don't remember much about whether or not I ever felt satisfied or full. I do remember cooking everything constantly, eating baby food, drinking broths, making smoothies and nonfat pudding and cream soups and I tolerated everything really well. If there is one thing that I learned from participating in this group it is that there is no predictive time period for healing. I do feel pretty certain that next month you're going to feel a lot different than you do right now.

I really don't remember much about whether or not I ever felt satisfied or full. I do remember cooking everything constantly, eating baby food, drinking broths, making smoothies and nonfat pudding and cream soups and I tolerated everything really well. If there is one thing that I learned from participating in this group it is that there is no predictive time period for healing. I do feel pretty certain that next month you're going to feel a lot different than you do right now.
Thanks for the feedback Diane I knew I could count on you for a great answer. I do tolerate everything I’ve made so yeah maybe I’m still healing

I get comfortable and then sometimes I decide to have one more bite. That's a mistake because I will be uncomfortable for an hour or so. I found that a glass of milk will fill me up in the afternoon. It's got good protein and is a good liquid, killing two birds with one stone!

I’m still in the puréed stage till January 20 . I’ve been measuring and weighing my food every day according to my surgeons plan only thing is I can’t tell if I’m still hungry when I’ve finished or full now .My stomach still hurts a bit too so that could explain it . I see my regular Dr. on Friday so maybe he’ll figure it out but right now I guess I’m asking you guys for help since you’ve been helpful before.
For me, when I get hungry, it is now an actual pain in my abdomen. It took me by surprise the first time I felt it (I was running and hadn't had breakfast first) but it went away after I ate a couple of bites of food. I don't know if that is how other's experience hunger, but it is that way for me. So with that being said, when I am eating, so long as I am taking my time and making my meal last a half hour, I never feel full. Really, I don't feel much of anything in my stomach area unless I forget to eat slowly and do too much too fast then I get that full feeling. If you have some feeling but can't define what it is, try to watch for when it comes on and when it goes away. Does this feeling start before you eat and end after you have had time to process the food? Or does it start after you have started eating and end after you have finished? That could help you determine what the feeling is that you are experiencing.

I am almost never hungry, and can forget to eat. That's why I am obsessive about the food log, it keeps me eating to meet the protein goals. As to being full, if I eat a meat too fast (less that 30 minutes for 3 oz), I am aching for an hour or more. If it eat anything during that hour (including drink), I am likely to get sick.

I feel like I’m never hungry too especially after drinking a protein shake . I just had a scrambled egg with some crumbled turkey sausage and I’m still hungry but I don’t want to over do it by keeping eating and I know I need to get more water in . I’ve only gotten sick once from drinking a protein shake too fast at the end. So far I can eat almost anything that’s puréed . I can’t stand protein shakes anymore,I used to love them now they taste funny but I know I got to get that protein in.

Everyone is so different, its so interesting. :)

For me, I wasn't hungry at all for almost the first 6 months. I had cravings and the desire to eat, I just didn't feel my stomach growl or experience any physical hunger. And before solid foods, I didn't feel full either. Once on solid foods (week 7 I think?) when I could eat proteins such as chicken or cheese, that's when I first experienced feeling full.

Everyone is so different, its so interesting. :)

For me, I wasn't hungry at all for almost the first 6 months. I had cravings and the desire to eat, I just didn't feel my stomach growl or experience any physical hunger. And before solid foods, I didn't feel full either. Once on solid foods (week 7 I think?) when I could eat proteins such as chicken or cheese, that's when I first experienced feeling full.
Yeah i guess everyone is different I ate a half hour ago and was still hungry and didn’t eat anything else now I’m full while I’m drinking water

Back