• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Still no word on my surgery date

Nisey

I'm so frustrated. It's going on the third week and I haven't heard anything from the Nurse who is supposed to contact me about the date I get my surgery. I guess this is a hurry up and wait thing. I've done everything I've been asked to do. I've seen two psychiatrists. Mine and the one for the Bariatrics office. Got both okay so for my surgery and now I'm just sitting here waiting for the phone to ring. Two weeks have gone by and nothing. Ugh. I really hope I hear from them this week. They told me three weeks. I have to go weigh in this week too. I hope I don't miss their phone call. Jeesh. I'm really trying to be patient. I'm just anxious. I want to get this surgery over with so I can get on with my life. Sorry I just had to vent.

Last edited:
Hi Nisey! If I was you I'd be calling them. I'd just say I was afraid I missed their call. Some times people drop the ball and its best to touch base and find out what's up. I used to be more patient but as I have aged I found out that the squeeky wheel gets the grease!

Good luck,

Cheyenne :cool:

Hi Cheyenne, thats a good idea. I'll give them until Wednesday. I have to weigh in on that day. If I don't hear from them by then, I will call. Thanks.

Hi Nisey. Gosh girl you are more patient than me. I would have to call right away. I wouldn't wait. Being said, I know you will do great. Keep us in the loop and let us know if you hear anything.

Take care and continue on doing a great job!

~Debbie

Hi Debbie S, thanks. I'm literally going bonkers waiting for a a call. I think I'll call them today instead,lol it's hard going through everything they ask you to do and then you don't hear from them for ever. I call today, lol

Well I spoke to a nurse and she told me my Doctor still has my file. He hasn't decided on a date for my surgery yet. I'm still waiting. I guess I just have to wait. I'm getting a little upset about it but I guess there's nothing I can do. I wanted to have my surgery before it got too far into Summer. I guess that's not gonna happen. I want to get on with my life so I don't have to worry about the surgery part of it anymore, you know?

Well I spoke to a nurse and she told me my Doctor still has my file. He hasn't decided on a date for my surgery yet. I'm still waiting. I guess I just have to wait. I'm getting a little upset about it but I guess there's nothing I can do. I wanted to have my surgery before it got too far into Summer. I guess that's not gonna happen. I want to get on with my life so I don't have to worry about the surgery part of it anymore, you know?

I would call every couple days to see if he decided on a date. Call til they give you a date. That's what I would do. Tell them you really want surgery before it gets too hot. Be nice and polite but firm!

Cheyenne

Thanks Cheyenne, I'll keep that in mind. I do have the nurses number that's supposed to contact me so maybe I will give her a call on Tuesday. Everyone's off for Memorial Day on Monday. Thanks again Cheyenne:)

Back