• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

.....still

Thanks! I got my hair chopped this week-I’m honestly not going to mind the post surgical hair loss, I have an insane amount!! Losing hair after both pregnancy wasn’t too bad. I’m ready cause I’m always sweaty!!
I hear that on always sweaty! Doesn't help that we're probably in the premenopausal stage of life (I apologize if you aren't, I just figure with 3 kids you're over 30). :)

I'm so jealous of getting your hair chopped. It looks really cute & perfect for summer! In my area, only certain shops have opened. My hairdresser has me on her list for Friday if she's given the green light!

I'm thinking of getting some darker red highlights put in... Thoughts? New changes all around. ;)

Attachments

• .JPG
    .JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 68
I hear that on always sweaty! Doesn't help that we're probably in the premenopausal stage of life (I apologize if you aren't, I just figure with 3 kids you're over 30). :)

I'm so jealous of getting your hair chopped. It looks really cute & perfect for summer! In my area, only certain shops have opened. My hairdresser has me on her list for Friday if she's given the green light!

I'm thinking of getting some darker red highlights put in... Thoughts? New changes all around. ;)
Red highlights would be awesome in the summer! The sun will hit them and you’ll look like a phoenix! It’ll be amazing!! Oh and as far as being premenopausal, not quite yet. I had some blood work done recently, and my doctor said I’m no where near LOL That’s another part of my life that I’d like to be done with!

Red highlights would be awesome in the summer! The sun will hit them and you’ll look like a phoenix! It’ll be amazing!! Oh and as far as being premenopausal, not quite yet. I had some blood work done recently, and my doctor said I’m no where near LOL That’s another part of my life that I’d like to be done with!
No where near? Sorry for my assumption. I know the early stages can hit as early as 30-35. I'm 45 so I'm sure I'm smack-dab in the middle. ;)

So thumbs up on the highlights ladies? New body, new hair... sounds exciting. Just needed extra opinions and the only person I ever see because of the virus is my sister. She also said to go for it. :) I'll be sure to update my pic if first, fingers crossed I get in Friday, and second, if I get up the guts for such a change. ;)

No where near? Sorry for my assumption. I know the early stages can hit as early as 30-35. I'm 45 so I'm sure I'm smack-dab in the middle. ;)
LOL sorry, I meant no where near physically. Age wise, yes, I thought I was getting close which is one of the things I spoke to my OB at my annual appointment this year. According to my blood test, my doctor said if I didn’t have my tubes tied, I’d probably be pregnant several times over. Not for me! My mom had me when she was 41, and since menopause can go along with when your mom started, I’m still a little while off. My sisters are 7 and ten years older than me, and the eldest just started perimenopause. Hope I didn’t offend you.

So thumbs up on the highlights ladies? New body, new hair... sounds exciting. Just needed extra opinions and the only person I ever see because of the virus is my sister. She also said to go for it. :) I'll be sure to update my pic if first, fingers crossed I get in Friday, and second, if I get up the guts for such a change. ;)
Brenda, they have all kinds of hair color now that wash out in a few shampoos. So you don't have to be committed until your hair grows out long enough to make the highlights go away. I'm no expert on hair color. I never colored my hair hair in my life until two years ago, and then I only colored it three times and got sick of the color and the process. I am now hoping that my hair will grow in with its Gray's intact. You might think I'm nuts but I have been fantasizing about having gray hair since I was a teenager. Neither my father nor my mother had any gray hair until they were well into their 50s and specificity even in their 80s, they only had a little gray hair. My other relatives, including cousins and uncles and aunts, all turned gray or white appropriately when they reached a certain age. But no one in my family of siblings turns gray for a long long time. Now most of my sister's color their hair so it's impossible to tell what their color would be. But I am dying to have gray hair. I think it's beautiful.

LOL sorry, I meant no where near physically. Age wise, yes, I thought I was getting close which is one of the things I spoke to my OB at my annual appointment this year. According to my blood test, my doctor said if I didn’t have my tubes tied, I’d probably be pregnant several times over. Not for me! My mom had me when she was 41, and since menopause can go along with when your mom started, I’m still a little while off. My sisters are 7 and ten years older than me, and the eldest just started perimenopause. Hope I didn’t offend you.
No offence taken at all! :)

My hairdresser had a cancellation and had me come in today. I took it as a sign and went for it. I both like it and don't. We'll see how long I keep it. What shocked me was how much it makes the change in me sooooooo obvious. I don't even look like the same person.

Attachments

• 20200610_132614.jpg
    20200610_132614.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 89
Thanks a lot guys. It'll take a couple weeks and I'll know if it'll be my new look. I go back in 6 weeks and she's fully prepared for me to tell her to change it back. :) In my area, while she could reopen, there were health forms to complete, masks at all time (of course) but no blow-drying. So I couldn't really see the results until I got home and it was dry.

Well guess what I color my hair ! actually have brown hair but it’s gone white I haven’t colored it since I had surgery 6 months ago it’s still long but I’m shedding like crazy But you Cant notice . Also haven’t posted in a while about my weight.I’m still losing 2 pounds a week once in awhile 1 or I stay the same then lose 2 the next week weighing myself once a week . When I started the 12 week program for the surgery I weighed 357 now I’m 206 I was told I should get to 180 so I’m almost there. My wife already says I’m getting boney . Just hope when I get to that desired weight that I can keep it off without turning into a skeleton

Back