• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Stinky Flatulence

Fosgate

My surgeon warned me that my flatulence would be stinky after surgery for at least 6 months. Holy Cow that was an understatement. I've had two instances now where I had a little too much fruit and it sets the gas off so bad I think I could be labeled as a walking biohazard towards others, melt plastic, make a skunk puke, gag a maggot etc. Anyway, not going to subject my wife to 10hrs in the car on Saturday and found a "Internal Deodorant" called Devrom and ordered it on Amazon Amazon.com: DEVROM Tablets (Internal Deoderant)200MG 100chewable Tablets (2): Health & Personal Care. I initially found the referral from a gastric doctor on another forum that takes the stuff himself. I went from store to store looking for it but found nothing like it. My question is, does this stench really get any better in the future on its own or is this new stank a new lifelong change?

Ha ha I have that too and I poop alot seems like everything and I mean everything I eat or drink causes it . I’m just glad there’s no shortage of toilet paper anymore. Doesn’t matter what I eat too but I get a little bit of a upset stomach after I eat or drink except water of course

Last edited:
I posted about this recently. Mine is only really frequent and smelly after certain protein shakes or with increased sugar intake. It’s definitely not as often as it was in the beginning.

I think you might be right. I started trying the Bariatric Advantage about the same time on the same days. Today, no sugar, still fumigating for bugs. Even though the new stuff is only 1g of sugar where the Orgain is 10-11g. It has to be the protein or some other filler that is causing the reaction. Since it shows added lactase ensym I am assuming powdered milk maybe. I don't do well with dairy

Back