• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Stomach acid

babydoll114

My name is Tracy haven't posted in a while I had rny in May of 2012 and have reached my goal weight and passed it I'm now 129 give or take a few pounds here and there, but I have been having a problem lately I can hear my stomach gurgling constantly has anyone else had this problem if so can you give me some clarity on this because I haven't had this happen before.

Hi. :)
I'm no expert, but it was my understanding that stomach gurgling is just the sound of liquid and air moving through your intestines and that it's generally a good thing because it means things are moving the way they're supposed to. I don't think gurgling is anything to be worried about unless you're having other symptoms, such as cramps, pain or a burning sensation in your upper abdomen that could indicate something like IBS or an ulcer.
If you're worried about it, I would definitely call your doctor. Your peace of mind is worth it and if there is something wrong, better to find out and treat it early.

Hi. :)
I'm no expert, but it was my understanding that stomach gurgling is just the sound of liquid and air moving through your intestines and that it's generally a good thing because it means things are moving the way they're supposed to. I don't think gurgling is anything to be worried about unless you're having other symptoms, such as cramps, pain or a burning sensation in your upper abdomen that could indicate something like IBS or an ulcer.
If you're worried about it, I would definitely call your doctor. Your peace of mind is worth it and if there is something wrong, better to find out and treat it early.

My stomach has recently started gurgling, LOL. I was with my surgeon when it did a nice noisey rumble, gurgle.. My surgeons comment was, "well we know your belly is back to normal and working, LOL" As long as their is not nausea, vomiting, pain, diarrhea, burning, gnawing feeling or any weird feelings, good chance it is nothing.. Personally, I'd call my surgeons nurse and run it by him / her.

IBS will generally cause issues on the lower left side to the lower mid belly, almost like horrible menstral cramps or the "Oh damn flu / food poisoning diarrhea cramping" of your belly. Those of us with and RNY Ulcers can present on your pouch or your re-routed intestines

Back