• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

stuck

chana

My surgery date was Feb, 5, 2013. I started at 253. Now at 200. First 53 pounds came off easy. No gym or any form of exercise. May, I decided to start going to the gym. I gained 5 lbs lost 3 of it but no other weight loss for the entire month of May. I am not sure how to kick start the weight loss again???? It seems that all I eat is protein rich foods, I drink tons of water and consume no sugars as I am not a big fan of "dumping". Any suggestions?

Are you doing simple things like eating only three meals a day? Walking? Snacks? Keeping a log of what you eat and exercise? Details, Details, how many calories do you consume per day? Are you losing inches while you are stalled? Nothing is unimportant.

Open Book

Muscle weighs more than fat. You are most likely losing fat and gaining muscle. That's a good thing! Keep track of your measurements, not your weight for a while and you should notice changes in your body.

It sounds like your body is trying to catch up with itself. Since you have started exercising perhaps tracking your inches is a good idea. If you are following your eating program and drinking your water the weight will come off. Tracking what you eat may provide a surprise as to the amounts of calories. It is recommended to write down everything you eat and drink. Our nutritionist did not want us counting calories in the beginning. She wanted us to weigh and measure and eat in a certain way using small plates and utensils. Keep doing what you know is right according to your plan and eventually the weight will come off. Joy

Back