• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Success with weight loss but now a grieving widow.

Bloom

I am interested in meeting others that have had success with their weight loss surgery. I was able to keep most of it off, but my husband died a year ago and (in grief) I lost another 25 pounds. My children worry that I don't eat. It is very hard to be so sad and still try to take good care of myself. Does anyone out there have the same concerns?

Yes when I thought I was going to lose my job of 47 years right after surgery. The stress on my body after surgery the stress of losing my job. I was on the liquids diet but I don’t even want that. Losing anything or someone takes a piece of your heart. And grieving will ware you down. You have to think would your husband want your health falling a part, I’m sure he would want you to take care of yourself. Do it for him and your kid.

Thank you, I am glad that you are out there and have messaged me back. Today I actually ate well, grapefruit, fish, and brocolli - but I not sure that our food cravings ever really go away. My personal need is popcorn. We have chosen a path that we need to adhere to. The success is worth the work.

Attachments

• Lynn 2019 2.jpg
    Lynn 2019 2.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 102
the process of grief takes as takes as long as it takes. Just don't let anyone rush . start some new habits that you wouldn't have done when he was alive. I feel for you so deeply. When I lost my weight in 2008, my boyfriend broke up with me. the process of grief takes as long as it takes. just don't let anyone rush you and start some new habits that you wouldn't have done when he was alive. I feel for you so deeply. When I lost my weight in 2008, my boyfriend broke up with me. It was a direct result of my breasts going from Double D's to D's. He was an obviously shallow man, but the three years we had together we're the best three years of my life and what I learned from him I couldn't learn if I studied the rest of my life. So I miss him but I try to practice what he taught me. At this point and at any point I would never enter a relationship with him again.

death and loss can really mess everything up. You may even lose the will to live. And certainly you are losing your best friend of a long long time. But the only thing you have any control over at all is how happily you choose to live your life. Gently very gently move forward and stop to have a good cry when you need one and talk to yourself and say "I suffered an enormous loss and I am not on anyone's timetable to get better. I don't know why it was his time to die, but as horrible as dying is it is it even more horrible to be the Survivor.

I recommend this book and not just as a perfunctory thing. How to survive the loss of a love is a book you can find e-text form. It's the tiny books filled with wisdom and it's going to break your heart to read it and it's going to bring on floods of Tears. But in the end oh, it will heal you. Please do a web search for it and give it a chance to help you.

again, I want to express my deepest condolences. As you know by now, there is really nothing anyone can say to make you feel better. Just stay alive.

Oh, My! What a terrible ordeal for you! You simply must take care of yourself physically in order to heal emotionally. Please get enough rest, exercise and protein . Keep yourself under the care of a good Health Care Provider and do as (s)he says. Keep busy and maintain a support network. Keep us informed. (((hugs)))

Back