• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Suggestions please...

Debbie S

Hello Everyone. My surgery was on May 5, 2015. To date I am down 52 pounds. However, I have been at the same weight for past 2-3 weeks. I am not eating much, drinking my water, avoiding caffeine, and watching my sugar intake (no more than 10g) as well as fat intake (no more than 5g)-- per dietician.

Is this the point where I need to start doing aerobics or a good cardio to get my metabolism to "melt it off?"

Thanks for your suggestions / input.

~Debbie~

Hello Everyone. My surgery was on May 5, 2015. To date I am down 52 pounds. However, I have been at the same weight for past 2-3 weeks. I am not eating much, drinking my water, avoiding caffeine, and watching my sugar intake (no more than 10g) as well as fat intake (no more than 5g)-- per dietician.

Is this the point where I need to start doing aerobics or a good cardio to get my metabolism to "melt it off?"

Thanks for your suggestions / input.

~Debbie~

Congratulations.

Just keep following the program.

Stay on course.

The body decides when it wants to lose more weight.

I have even seen my weight go up during my weight loss cycle.

Don't worry. As long as you are following the program, getting your protein, drinking your 48 to 64 ounces of liquids and keeping your caloric intake down to what your surgeon's team recommended ( my caloric intake during weight loss was 1200/day) it will come off.

Keep exercising. I didn't go back to aerobics myself. What I did was walk a mile a day 3 to 4 times a week.

Best wishes,

Ralph

Hi Debbie S I've missed talking to you. Just keep doing your correct calorie intake, continue to exercise maybe even kick it up a notch and do a little extra cardio or walk a little more. That might kick it into gear. How have you been? I had my surgery on June 24, 2015. I wound up with a heart flutter the called it Afib. I'm on medication the rest of my life now. They said I've had it most of my life but I didn't know it. Can you believe it? Anyway, surgery went well. I'm still in pain but doing well. It's really nice to see you on the Forum. Good luck with your weight loss. I know you'll do great :)

Hi Nisey how are you I AM DOING GOOD. I am down 86 pounds! I have been doing a lot of activities. Everything from cleaning house, to walking, exercising, chasing my dog (yes, i said chasing), and i just don't stop. I am glad to see you had your surgery. But dang... AFib! My dad has that. And let me congratulate you on your impressive weight loss. Like WOW from 368 to 290 that is IMPRESSIVE. Keep up the great work.

Congratulations to both of you, Nisey and Debbie.

You are in a new world now.

Keep up the good work.

I am so glad the Doctor's found your Afib Nisey before there was an issue.

Best wishes,

Ralph

Hi Debbie S I've missed talking to you. Just keep doing your correct calorie intake, continue to exercise maybe even kick it up a notch and do a little extra cardio or walk a little more. That might kick it into gear. How have you been? I had my surgery on June 24, 2015. I wound up with a heart flutter the called it Afib. I'm on medication the rest of my life now. They said I've had it most of my life but I didn't know it. Can you believe it? Anyway, surgery went well. I'm still in pain but doing well. It's really nice to see you on the Forum. Good luck with your weight loss. I know you'll do great :)

Hi Nisey, I somehow missed this post about your Afib. Hope you are feeling well! It's good that they found your heart problems now so you can be on your medication and not have problems with it later.

Keep up the great work!

Cheyenne

Back