• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Super low energy.

I'm super low energy. I feel flat and drained like I haven't slept or eaten in days. Is this super low energy level normal 11 days post-op? When does it start to pass? I'm getting in at least 90 grams of protein and have been close to liquid goals save for today.
You'll go up and down. It takes a while for gases to leave your body, not to mention anesthesia. These have to pass through every organ, then a few yards of intestine.

A whole bunch of hormones are also going WTF? What am I doing here? I'm usually there!

It's all part of the fun. It's the biggest roller coaster in the world, and it's racing through you.

It will stop and you may not even notice.

Congratulations on buying the ticket!

I had much more energy the first few days than I had the week after surgery. So I agree with the others, you will have ups and downs. Just remember, water is more important than protein. Sip, sip, sip!
Ditto on this. Please remember you just had MAJOR surgery, and a huge reduction in calories. I had the same thing, and it took my PCP who also just had wls to remind me of that. You'll get energy back, maybe slowly, maybe in spurts, but you are continually making progress. Good luck!

Back