• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery’s in a little under 2 weeks

Call your Dr. immediately- as these are concerns for post surgery. I know there are some symptoms that are normal post -op but can't remember if those are some of those? The dizziness can come with dehydration and this is a possible post op problem. Are you a diabetic- anxious and sweaty are symptoms of low blood sugar.
Dont worry about hitting the plateaus the scale will reward you with a lower number soon enough.
We got a new digital scale and it says weight can be off up to 3 pound due to holding fluid, hormones and time of day. It's very important to weight yourself same time every day. As long as you are following post of instructions, I would'nt worry about it. I weigh myself right before or after shower after urinating and before eating or drinking anything.

I wish I had that diet!! Mine was all liquids. I’m in my 2nd week preop and had split pea soup today which turned out to be delicious, I’m down 16 pounds since surgery but haven’t lost anymore over 3 days.
I agree that is a much better diet than what I am on.

Hello guys! I did have my surgery just last Monday everything went well, I was in the hospital until Wednesday. I suppose to be there only one day but I didn't reach their goal on Tuesday of 64 oz of water, they keep me another day. I did push myself to drink water overnight and part on Wednesday morning. Then my doctor let me go home, I been feeling a little weird, I don't know how to explain this feeling. I am very pale and sometimes I feel dizzy. I haven't take any pain pill since I leave the hospital, this morning I started feeling anxious and some sweating. It is this normal? thanks in advance!
There could be a few things at play here, but definitely contact your bariatric team and let them know how you feel. You've been through a huge biologic change, and that can have various individual effects depending on if you are on any prescription meds from before surgery or not, and just general body adjustments to your new set up.

Give them a call.

So I started my pre-op diet and I’m having a hard time,I’m starving and just irritated I was so upset today had a little mini melt down and wondered if this is all worth I need advice or words of encouragement anything at this point ...thanks all in advance
The pre-op diet was super hard and it can be discouraging, but stick with it. Remind yourself that you are allowed some mistakes, if you could do this all on your own then you wouldn't need the surgery. But getting your mind and body ready for the change is still important. And remember, all these things will be easier after the surgery :)

Back