• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery 2-12-20

2 days to go, anxiety in HIGH gear

My pain level has Been 0-2 the whole time. The only pain meds they prescribed me was extra strength Tylenol.
The only time I was taking anything stronger that Tylenol was at night before bed, so that I could get some sleep, but I had to stop that Monday night, i started suffering from a little constipation, (sorry TMI) now only taking tylenol at bedtime and the pain is a 0.0.

Coach, if you're not already doing it, please please please take the fiber laxative right now! You will regret constipation so badly and following the surgery constipation is a real complication and you may even end up having to go to the emergency room to have your bowel disimpacted. Take a fiber laxative! it doesn't add any calories and you can't eat enough fiber in order to do what's right for your bowels and your bowel movements until you're on solid food! I am speaking with the voice of experience and constipation isn't immediate, there is often a build-up and it sneaks up on you even when you think that you're not constipated anymore.

Coach, if you're not already doing it, please please please take the fiber laxative right now! You will regret constipation so badly and following the surgery constipation is a real complication and you may even end up having to go to the emergency room to have your bowel disimpacted. Take a fiber laxative! it doesn't add any calories and you can't eat enough fiber in order to do what's right for your bowels and your bowel movements until you're on solid food! I am speaking with the voice of experience and constipation isn't immediate, there is often a build-up and it sneaks up on you even when you think that you're not constipated anymore.
I spoke to my personal physician on Monday, that’s what he suggested, so I did and so far I’ve been good.

Back