• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery checkup

I had my surgery checkup yesterday and everything is fine, he again told me not to get on the scale every day, I tried, that didn't happen lol, once a month is what he suggested. But anyway I did lose a couple more pounds, I'm down to 184, pretty good for me, he said I can expect to get down to 130/140, my goal was 135 so that is good, I just have to keep plugging away at it and it will happen. He said about a year, and if I get sores under my stomach I should go to my family Dr and have it treated so I will be able to have the excess skin removed with my insurance, I also ask about my bat wings, that is never covered, so that will have to come out of my pocket, well probably the credit card, but he said not for a year

I had my surgery checkup yesterday and everything is fine, he again told me not to get on the scale every day, I tried, that didn't happen lol, once a month is what he suggested. But anyway I did lose a couple more pounds, I'm down to 184, pretty good for me, he said I can expect to get down to 130/140, my goal was 135 so that is good, I just have to keep plugging away at it and it will happen. He said about a year, and if I get sores under my stomach I should go to my family Dr and have it treated so I will be able to have the excess skin removed with my insurance, I also ask about my bat wings, that is never covered, so that will have to come out of my pocket, well probably the credit card, but he said not for a year
Congrats on the weight loss. You should be proud of how well you are doing. Keep it up girl.

Back