• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery Date 04/17

sweettea

This is my first day on this site and am needing lots of support and advice. I am scheduled for the Gastric Bypass and was given a Pre-Surgery Liquid Diet... I am confused on whats acceptable and whats not can anyone give me any suggestions on protien drinks that arent nasty tasting? I think this is gonna be my biggest obsticle? Help Please

This is my first day on this site and am needing lots of support and advice. I am scheduled for the Gastric Bypass and was given a Pre-Surgery Liquid Diet... I am confused on whats acceptable and whats not can anyone give me any suggestions on protien drinks that arent nasty tasting? I think this is gonna be my biggest obsticle? Help Please

Hi Sweettea! Welcome to the Forum!!!

I personally like the taste of Whey Protein Drink with Rasberry Crystal Light in it. I bought mine from Walmart and it was yummy, at least to me it was. There are other drinks like Unjury which many people love especially the grape flavor. I never tasted it but most everyone swears by it. I'm sure others on this forum can give you more info, because my surgeon only had me on the protein drinks for a very brief time ( about 4 weeks after surgery). He prefers his patients eat food.

Good Luck on your weight loss journey. :)

Cheyenne

Welcome to the forum Sweettea,
Let me say this I am so glad you posted because I have a big fear of the pre-op liquid diet. My surgery is scheduled for the 17th of April also. So we are sisters joined by surgery dates. I am to start the pre-op liquid diet on the 10th. I have been drinking protein shakes for about two months now trying to find one I like. I have tried Muscle Tech from Walmart the chocolate is wonderful, I also like Premier Protein shakes (30g) both the vanilla and chocolate, I didn't care for the strawberry found them at Costco and Sams I also use EAS Advantage (17g) low carb, best buy for a four pack is at Tatget, and walmart price is almost double at walgreens. Decaf tea, and coffee, water, propel, broth, G2, diet gator aid, sugar free popsicles, and jello round out the list for me. We will have to keep each motivated. We will do this, it is a small hurtle for such a great reward.

Skinny me...thanks for responding....I am on a mission this weekend to find something that will suit my taste buds...I currently drink the ones from walmart but they are too high in sugar ...I also like the Adkins ones and my Dr is ok with that if thats what I choose but if I have to drink at least 3 of these a day then I need to like it lol Yes we are sisters by surgery date mine is scheduled 04/17@0900. I will be starting my liquid diet on the 10th as well. Yes lets keep each other motivated this will be a piece of cake so to speak.... Please keep in touch and let me know how things are going will be nice to have someone who is going through the same thing....We will make it through!:)

Hi, I'm new here, but I would love to hear how your surgery went when your back to the computer! :)

I am at the VERY beginning stages of this journey. I had an orientation and in a couple weeks I will have my first consult with a Dr to see if I can start the process and try to qualify. I say try because they make it sound like it's easy to be rejected. Praying that your recovery goes quick and smoothly!

Carina

Back