• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

surgery date 2-20-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on getting your date. I did not have the same experience as everyone else. I ended up staying in the hospital for a week because of pain and nausea. I was told by my doc that some people end up having more nausea and pain so don't get discouraged. You will get nervous and excited all rolled in one a bit anxious and all of the above lol. Good luck and let us know how everything turns out.

TillieS

Congrats on getting your date. I did not have the same experience as everyone else. I ended up staying in the hospital for a week because of pain and nausea. I was told by my doc that some people end up having more nausea and pain so don't get discouraged. You will get nervous and excited all rolled in one a bit anxious and all of the above lol. Good luck and let us know how everything turns out.

TillieS

I was in the hospital a week also. I wasn't able to swallow my fluids very easy. My surgeon even gave me blood transfusions to give me strength and of course fluids because I just felt so full I couldn't drink much. The funny part is I really didn't have much pain at all. Everyone's bodies handle surgery different. I'd do it over in a heartbeat.

Cheyenne :cool:

getting nervous and exicted can anyone tell me whay to expect the first wk

For most of us you are admitted on Day 1 and have your surgery.

The evening of day 1 you will probably go into a special bariatric ICU and get the finest treatment possible.

If I remember right the first day no liquds no nothing. Maybe wetting the lips.

Day 2 is the day they bring you down and do the test to make sure you have no leaks. You drink some flavored stuff and they take pictures.

Once they have found there are no leaks you start to have some liquid, sip wait 15 minutes, sip.

Day 3 you go home. This is typical.

If there are issues then they will keep you longer to make sure the issues are addressed and that nothing else is wrong.

Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back