• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery date changed

WWWindy

My surgery was scheduled for this coming Monday but I had to move it. July 27 is the next available slot.

My daughter is in what is termed "active stages of dieing" So, for two reasons I decided it was best to wait. I would not like myself if she passed over while I was in the hospital; I would not be able to pick her up and put her in the wheelchair so she wouldn't be able to get some sunshine. With COVID there wasn't a hospice facility who was taking new patients so I had no place for her to stay while I was in the hospital and home nursing is really expensive and I'd just end up not being able to care for her when I got home.

I am sad... for many reasons. But I've lost 5 pounds!!!!

My surgery was scheduled for this coming Monday but I had to move it. July 27 is the next available slot.

My daughter is in what is termed "active stages of dieing" So, for two reasons I decided it was best to wait. I would not like myself if she passed over while I was in the hospital; I would not be able to pick her up and put her in the wheelchair so she wouldn't be able to get some sunshine. With COVID there wasn't a hospice facility who was taking new patients so I had no place for her to stay while I was in the hospital and home nursing is really expensive and I'd just end up not being able to care for her when I got home.

I am sad... for many reasons. But I've lost 5 pounds!!!!
I am so sorry to hear that. Covid-19 has affected so many people in so many different ways outside of just getting sick. I pray for blessings for both you and your daughter. I am sorry to hear she is transitioning. I am thinking of you both.

You are doing the right thing. You can and did postpone your surgery, but you can't postpone time spent with your daughter. A Mother/Daughter relationship is very special and like no other. I know that you'll never regret this decision. Sending prayers your way during this difficult time.

Back