• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery date June12 and in preop phase i slipped up

I have a surgery dat of june 12 and have started the 2 week liquid supplemnt preop phase. Yesterday i slipped up. I need to make sure i dont skip my "feedings" because then i get too hungry and want everything. I also need to try using beano as the supplement has started giving me gas which did not help yesterday

I am50 single, work full time, have 2 adult children live beside my parents, and with 2 dogs. Not dating now but would like to again later

Don't worry just start up again with the liquid diet and you'll be fine. My surgeon didn't require the two week liquid diet. I don't know why, I didn't ask and I'm glad I didn't have to go through that diet. I had to go all liquid 3 days before the surgery and that was bad enough. My surgery went fine, look at my posts to learn from my mistakes. Don't worry just start up the liquid diet again and you'll be fine.
Good luck and best wishes,
Kt

Don't worry just start up again with the liquid diet and you'll be fine. My surgeon didn't require the two week liquid diet. I don't know why, I didn't ask and I'm glad I didn't have to go through that diet. I had to go all liquid 3 days before the surgery and that was bad enough. My surgery went fine, look at my posts to learn from my mistakes. Don't worry just start up the liquid diet again and you'll be fine.
Good luck and best wishes,
Kt

I also had to be on a liquid diet only 3 days before surgery. Different surgeons do things differently. You are right Kt, ... Reinventme will be just fine if she follows the rules from here on out.

Cheyenne :cool:

I also had to be on a liquid diet only 3 days before surgery. Different surgeons do things differently. You are right Kt, ... Reinventme will be just fine if she follows the rules from here on out.

Cheyenne, it looks like you're coming up to your first annaversery in a few weeks and what a year it's been. You are amazing. You have accomplished so much in this past year that it just makes my head spin. You should be proud and happy with your success. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. To quote a good old song. "You better get out your shades, 'cuz your future looks bright. "

Cheyenne, it looks like you're coming up to your first annaversery in a few weeks and what a year it's been. You are amazing. You have accomplished so much in this past year that it just makes my head spin. You should be proud and happy with your success. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. To quote a good old song. "You better get out your shades, 'cuz your future looks bright. "

Thanks KT, you are so sweet. :) Thanks for the kind words! I never heard it before but I love the words to that song!

I love the benifits from my bariatric surgery! I haven't really found the diet too difficult because all I have done is eat small amounts at a time. Thats pretty easy because my surgeon gave me a very small pouch and it fills up pretty fast. I always have loved meat so it's easy to get my protein. I love vegetables so thats easy too. I eat fruit when I have a taste for sweets. I eat very little bread beause I'm not a bread person and for a long time it didn't agree with me anyway. Once in a great while I have a bite of something fattening, I ordered a blueberry muffin when I was in the hospital but only took one bite of it and it was just too rich for my tummy and I threw the rest of it away. At home when I get full, I just save my food for later. I'm so happy my weight is coming down. The first 6 months my weight dropped the fastest, but now every so often I have a plateau and then I start losing again. I am very proud of how bariatric surgery has worked for me. I had problems with my gallbladder but to me that was a very small price to pay. When I get under 200 lb I will rejoice to be in the 100s again. Life is looking sweet. I wish I could have done this years ago but bariatric surgery wasn't as safe as it is now so I guess everything happens in it's own time. Thanks to everyone for their kindness and support on this forum. You all have helped me so much in achieving the success that I have had thus far. Hopefully I will get all the way to my goal.

Thanks again, I love you all!!!

Back