• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery Date October 2nd

robbieb37

My surgery is very soon and I am scared and exited. I am having trouble sleeping. I know I have a great doctor and a great hospital but I just worry now constantly. Does anyone else feel like this? Or am I just a over reacting? I wish it was over already.:p

Anticipation Causes Fear

My surgery is very soon and I am scared and exited. I am having trouble sleeping. I know I have a great doctor and a great hospital but I just worry now constantly. Does anyone else feel like this? Or am I just a over reacting? I wish it was over already.:p

Hello, I myself will be having my procedure on Weds. October 2nd. A great quote says, " Our thinking and our behavior are always in ANTICIPATION of a response. It is therefore fear-based"~ Deepak Chopra in short STOP THINKING THE WORST, concentrate on the GREAT OUTCOMES that will come of this. What we do is create our own fears.. Let's think good thoughts together.. Think after this is over how healthy you'll be, how much energy you'll have, how much fun you will have shopping, how much of a transformation will occur in your appearance..WOW! I'm getting excited for you already.. WE WILL BE FINE.. If you want to talk just let me know.. I'm hear..just think about what life would be like if you weren't having the surgery on Wednesday? What will be great about life after? What wil you accomplish after, that you may not have accomplished without the surgery, who else will benefit from your weight loss success, WHAT WILL YOU BE MOST HAPPY ABOUT AFTER..start a journal, and answer some of these questions. It will ease the anticipation .... TRUST ME, I UNDERSTAND...LOL
BLESSINGS

I'm right there with you robbieb37, except I've got an additional week to worry. I've had lots of surgeries in my life, but this one is different, I guess. If everything goes smoothly, great. If not, I can hear the criticism now "why did she choose do this to herself?" And the criticism will be coming from my own head, too.
And with this surgery you don't just lay around and heal. There's work to do! Just getting in fluids and protein for the first month sounds like a full-time job.

Back