• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery Date Sept 27th

Thanks Karenina and Coloradochic, Kind of nervous about it all but I really think I made the right choice. Have always struggled with sugar and really hope this helps. I have lost about 20 lbs since about end of Aug....I'm just hoping all goes well and this will really help me get down and stay down. I have been laid up for 10 months and that's part of why I gained to get this heavy. I have never been this big and looking forward to being smaller and healthier!!!

I'll be back on and say how things go after surgery. Suppose to be in over night, just won't find out what time on Fri until Thur sometime....hope it's earlier than later!!

It's worth doing some research about what to take with you to the hospital. I took more with me than I needed, but I'm eternally grateful to whoever recommended that I take the dissolving GasEx strips. I'm also told that a heating pad does WAY more good for post-surgical gas pain than the drugs. You won't be allowed to place it over incision sites, but laying on it and walking are reportedly the best remedies.

Bon Voyage!
-Ian

Ian, thanks for the tips, have been listening about what to take. I'll remember about the heating pad...
Start my liquid day tomorrow. I'm first up for surgery on Fri, so that's a good thing! I'm ready.,

Oh how exciting it must be!! I'm sooo happy for you and best of wishes all is well for you!! Please keep us all posted as you go along as I myself will love reading what everyone shares!!

Thanks NewMee, I am getting more excited everyday. This proceed has gone pretty fast for me . Ed torn between the sleeve or GYN, but went with that, mostly because of the fact I love sugar stuff. I have five really well on my own lately with that. Since the last of Aug I haven't had anyssugar, dessert stuff and have lost 20#'s. I just have to remember that we eat to live, not live to eat .
Hope all goes well with your surgery in Jan.

I like that...Eat to Live not Live to Eat! Never really thought about it that way. Good Luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you and sending prayers for a speedy recovery. You have a beautiful plase to recover. I love Hawaii and the beach. We been to Hawaii each of the last 3 years. Working our way through every island. Take care!

Thank you Coloradochic, I'm just pleased with how I'm doing even before and I know thus is just what I need to keep going! Yes, Hawaii is a beautiful place to visit, love the water here and looking forward to spending mire time in it when I'm healthy!
Thanks for the prayers! Excited about tomorrow! Woohoo!

Well, TODAY is here and all our thoughts and prayers are with you!! Please let us know when you are able to, how you are!! Thank you!! :D

Hey... that is the day I had my surgery... September 10th I mean... How are you doing.... I was told at my 2 week check up I've lost 40 lbs. and I'm so excited... I'm already in clothes I've been really wanting to wear!!!!!!

Been thinking about you off and on all day. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. I have three more days until my surgery. I just want to get the show on the road, so to speak. Can't wait to hear how you are.

Hello all, don't remember a thing after the cocktail they give you...lol
But when I woke up they did the Dr had to do the sleeve instead of the bypass. Did I had to much scar tissue from a previous gallbladder surgery.

I was torn as to which one to have but choose the bypass and just prayed to the Lord as to which one I should have so I guess the sleeve is it!

Was in quite a bit of pain yesterday, took most of the day to get it under control. Finally walked at 11 pm around the floor.

Today is going better. Not as much pain. Walked twice around floor this morning.

Dr will be in later, not an early rounds. maker so nothing to eat or drink till he comes in and checks me. So, nothing since Thu night about 10pm to eat or drink.

Hopefully I'll be going home later today. Have slept on and off. Not a lot of sleep but I don't feel to bad.

Thank you all for your encouragement and kind words ! I appreciate it.

Will post more after I get home either tonight or tomorrow!

Blessings

It is a lot more painful than I anticipated... I've had 2 c-section and another emergency surgery and this one was the most painful, but by the time I went to my 2 week post care appointment I felt like a million dollars. I have more energy than I've had in years. It was all completely worth it!!!

Glad to hear you are doing ok. I Look forward to your post on your progress. I and hoping my surgery doesn't get canceled. I am having it done at an Army hospital and the Dr. is civilian. Don't know if it will get canceled if the Gov't shuts down Tuesday. Time will tell!

Back