• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery December 16!!!

It’s finally here! The journey has been long and hard. I got through it with your help. This support group has been so valuable to me. Thanks to all of you. Even just reading the posts has helped me a lot. I’ll see everyone on the other side. I’m sure I’ll still need inspiration from all of you then.
Just checking in, how did it go? How are you feeling? Are you still in the hospital or have you already been sent home? I wish you nothing but good health and a fast recovery!

Just checking in, how did it go? How are you feeling? Are you still in the hospital or have you already been sent home? I wish you nothing but good health and a fast recovery!

It went well. Thank you for asking. I’m still in the hospital sipping and walking. Surgeon just came in will be discharging me to home today. He said he had to repair a hiatal hernia along with my Sleeve Gastrectomy so it took about 3 hours. Glad to be on this side of my journey. Again, thanks for all the support.

It’s finally here! The journey has been long and hard. I got through it with your help. This support group has been so valuable to me. Thanks to all of you. Even just reading the posts has helped me a lot. I’ll see everyone on the other side. I’m sure I’ll still need inspiration from all of you then.
Congratulations to the start of your wellness journey. Celebrate the little AND big successes the same. Mindset Matters! Happy living in wellness!!!

The past few days have been difficult. I’ve had to come in for IV fluids because of dehydration. I’m not really nauseated or in pain but I can’t seem to keep fluids down without discomfort. Bari team suggested alternating protein and fluids to get up to 64 oz per day. I haven’t made it to that yet and now I have a UTI. I have to take antibiotics, BP meds on top of trying to get my fluids in. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get over this hump?

I am really sorry things are so complicated for you right now. But you have to know and you have to believe that this too shall pass. That may not feel as good right now because you're in pain, but pain always ends. And in addition to supporting you in my heart, I want to say simply that I love you.

For me, the SF pudding is a special treat. Be careful though, it has more calories and little, if any, nutritional value. What it does for me is a special treat and a different texture. Also, I found that cottage cheese goes down regardless of how other foods (and liquids) are doing. Check with the nutritionist to see if that is a possibility for you.

For me, the SF pudding is a special treat. Be careful though, it has more calories and little, if any, nutritional value. What it does for me is a special treat and a different texture. Also, I found that cottage cheese goes down regardless of how other foods (and liquids) are doing. Check with the nutritionist to see if that is a possibility for you.
You can also make it with a scoop of unflavored protein powder. That will get you a couple grams of protein when you eat your pudding :)

I thought I’d give an update as I enter my 3rd week postop. I am meeting my goals of 64 oz of fluids and 60 gms of Protein. My next goal is to walk 30 minutes nonstop every day.
My taste has definitely changed postop. I used to prefer the Premier Clear and the Protein 2 O but now I can’t stand it. I also tried the unflavored Unjury protein powder added to soup but also didn’t like it. I prefer the shakes instead switching it off with SF jello, SF popsicles, clear broth. My team still wants me to be on clear liquids for 1 more week.

Back