• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery done

I wish I could say yesterday wasn't as bad as i thought but i had some complications. Right after waking up I became extremely nauseous and my my oxegyn level dropped. They finally took me to my room and after taking a long time to come out of surgery. I vomited up 400mms of blood and felt better the surgeon said to let him know if it happens again. Well about a half hour later I start feeling really Nausuas again and my drains had refilled with about 300mms of blood ad I vomited about 200 more up. The surgeon practically ran into my room and said I had to go back down to surgery right away. Turns out some of the staples has not sealed the blood vessels properly and that was causing me a lot of bleeding. After the second procedure I felt so much better it took me a long time to come out of Anastasia again but the anti Nausuas meds were working and I got some pain pills finally. I have been up and down all night I am running a mild fever and have cloudy urine which they collected through a catheter and are running tests on now. I am still on oxegyn and nPO but I hope they let me up to walk later. Also I have been passing wind through the night and I can feel my insides rumbling around. Will update more as I find out

I am so glad to hear you are doing better.. I bet that scarred the crap out of you, I know it would have me... I am so glad they caught what was going on and got it all in check very quickly.

The fluffing and rumbling are an awesome thing, :).

Today will be a much better day... I am rooting for you getting up and walking about.

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) Keep us posted.

Hi
I wish I could say yesterday wasn't as bad as i thought but i had some complications. Right after waking up I became extremely nauseous and my my oxegyn level dropped. They finally took me to my room and after taking a long time to come out of surgery. I vomited up 400mms of blood and felt better the surgeon said to let him know if it happens again. Well about a half hour later I start feeling really Nausuas again and my drains had refilled with about 300mms of blood ad I vomited about 200 more up. The surgeon practically ran into my room and said I had to go back down to surgery right away. Turns out some of the staples has not sealed the blood vessels properly and that was causing me a lot of bleeding. After the second procedure I felt so much better it took me a long time to come out of Anastasia again but the anti Nausuas meds were working and I got some pain pills finally. I have been up and down all night I am running a mild fever and have cloudy urine which they collected through a catheter and are running tests on now. I am still on oxegyn and nPO but I hope they let me up to walk later. Also I have been passing wind through the night and I can feel my insides rumbling around. Will update more as I find out

OMGoodness!!! So glad everything is okay now... good thing the blood came up so they knew that you were bleeding internally. Wow that was super scary I'm sure. Get some rest so those blood vessels can heal. Keep us posted how you're doing.

One reason they believe my o2 levels were low is that I had undiag nosed sleep apnea

Yep thats very commen in overweight people. I have sleep apnea too but it seems so much better since I'm losing weight. It may go totally away when I get down to a normal weight. Along with sleep apnea I have had breathing problems. I went to emergency recently because of my gallbladder and they admitted me and said I didn't even need oxygen while I was there which was a first.

Oh man that is scary. Glad that your surgeon was on point and got everything taken care of right away. Glad that you are feeling better. Get some rest and I hope you continue to do better and better.

Hey everyone since the extra procedures on day one my two night hospital stay got extended four but I should be out tomorrow. The staff here have all been wonderful and besides for a little pain from my drains I don't have much discomfort. I am tired and finding it hard to concentrate but I think that is me still coming out of my anesthesia fog it's full liquids for me today and tomorrow I get moved to puréed before going home. My surgeon just wants to be extra cautious and has been taking things really slow. Missing my family and I FaceTimed with my dogs today and my dog sweetie actually was crying on the phone while my other dog and kitten ran around looking for me since they don't understand FaceTime. Anyways that's my update hope everyone is doing well.

I am so to hear your doing so well... :)

Having a great surgeon, nurses and care team is wonderful, it helps so much....

I know your so looking forward to seeing your furbabies... Make sure you have a pillow handy to cover your belly with when you walk in and sit down. If they are like my furbabies, which I am sure they are. They will want Momma lovings immeadiatley...

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Back