• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery is in 2 DAYS!

Debbie S

Hello everyone. I had my vena cava filter put in on May 1. It wasn't that bad, just sore. I just cannot believe i am not eating now for a week. I am proud of myself alone for this accomplishment. I have even made my family dinners and not once was i tempted (even though it smelled all so delicious).

Anyways, my surgery is Tuesday, May 5. Any last minute advice that I should be prepared for?

Dear Debbie S. You're a very brave person to be cooking meals while not being able to eat them yourself. I totally applaud you. You're awesome. Keep up the great work. The surgery will be over before you know it. I guess between you and I, we both have real determination to get this weight off and look amazing again. Aren't you excited. I am. I wish you the very best on your surgery and you will feel so much better when it's finished. Good luck sweetie.

Hello everyone. I had my vena cava filter put in on May 1. It wasn't that bad, just sore. I just cannot believe i am not eating now for a week. I am proud of myself alone for this accomplishment. I have even made my family dinners and not once was i tempted (even though it smelled all so delicious).

Anyways, my surgery is Tuesday, May 5. Any last minute advice that I should be prepared for?

Last minute advice is relax and trust your surgeon! Think of this as a great adventure and enjoy the trip. Get online with us whenever you need a pick me up. We understand completely. :) Life will never be the same, it just gets better and better!

Cheyenne :cool:

Thank you Nisey and Cheyenne! I went for a weigh in before surgery tomorrow and I lost 24.2 pounds! My current weight is now 333.6... I am so happy. I gained weight last time i was checked (357) and gee i am so happy for losing that much.

Congratulations Debbie S. That is fantastic. There is more of that to come. That is so great. Best wishes to you on your surgery tomorrow. Keep us posted. I'm sooooo excited for you.

Thank you Nisey and Cheyenne! I went for a weigh in before surgery tomorrow and I lost 24.2 pounds! My current weight is now 333.6... I am so happy. I gained weight last time i was checked (357) and gee i am so happy for losing that much.

Awesome Debbie!!! You are doing really great!!!

By now you have had your surgery, let us know how you are doing! :)

Cheyenne

Back