• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery November 29th!

Can I join the Buddy group? My surgery is scheduled for November 9th! I’ve been on the liquid pre op diet. It’s hard but I’m doing ok so far.
This is so awesome, with everyone who is having surgery now or soon. Welcome BB64, glad you're here. Which surgery are you having? Good luck with the liquid diet. You'll be part of the "loser's club" so soon. Yay Woohoo!!!

I’m getting the roux-en-y gastric bypass. Can’t wait to be part of the losers club!
I had roux-en-y also on July 12. FYI you will find some really good ideas below the "new posts" section, in the "latest resources" section, esp the one about suggestions for "pre-surgery buying."

I am so happy with the results of my surgery and only wish I had done this years before. It is life-changing in so many ways. Good luck!

I haven’t checked back in here since I posted. Thanks for all the kind support! I just finished week two of my liquid diet. I feel like I’m getting the hang of it! Definitely hard to miss out on dinners with friends, as that was my main social outlet before. Tough transition but I know it will be worth it.

my goal this year was to lose 50 pounds “on my own” before having surgery and I just hit 50 this week and got under 300 for the first time in years! I feel so much better already. I can’t imagine how great I’ll feel a few months after surgery.

HW 340 (April 2021)
CW 290 (three weeks before surgery)

I haven’t checked back in here since I posted. Thanks for all the kind support! I just finished week two of my liquid diet. I feel like I’m getting the hang of it! Definitely hard to miss out on dinners with friends, as that was my main social outlet before. Tough transition but I know it will be worth it.

my goal this year was to lose 50 pounds “on my own” before having surgery and I just hit 50 this week and got under 300 for the first time in years! I feel so much better already. I can’t imagine how great I’ll feel a few months after surgery.

HW 340 (April 2021)

You are doing fantastic! Congratulations!

HW 340 (April 2021)

I just started my liquid diet on Tuesday. So far it is not too bad. I have a shake every 3 hours and drink a lot in between, so I have not been hungry.

How long is your liquid diet? Is it longer than 2 weeks?

It sounds like you are doing great, losing so much weight before the surgery. I am so glad you are feeling better. Your positive attitude is inspiring ✨

how did your surgery go!?!?
It was tough!!! I was just released yesterday. I’m still hurting but I’m also not taking any narcotics (I have a paranoia for addiction). I had a few complications so they kept me longer for observation. Not to discourage anyone but this surgery is one of the most painful events of my life. I’m probably the exception on the pain. They also repaired a hiatal hernia so that’s most likely the reason for the pain. There is improvements every day. It’s amazing that I have to set timers to make myself take my nutrition. It will be worth it!

It was tough!!! I was just released yesterday. I’m still hurting but I’m also not taking any narcotics (I have a paranoia for addiction). I had a few complications so they kept me longer for observation. Not to discourage anyone but this surgery is one of the most painful events of my life. I’m probably the exception on the pain. They also repaired a hiatal hernia so that’s most likely the reason for the pain. There is improvements every day. It’s amazing that I have to set timers to make myself take my nutrition. It will be worth it!

Everyone feels pain differently AND not everyone winds up with the same amount of pain following this surgery. So, try not to compare yourself with others. I also think that if you haven't had any surgery before, you don't know what to compare it to.

You are right, it is all worth it and each day will be better than the day before. This won't last forever!

Back