• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery ONE WEEK FROM TODAY.......

Today was my pre surgical testing all went well I was expecting a lot more but went smoother than I expected easy breeze. What came apparent to me as I sat there was that one week from today I will be having surgery. This is Starting to feel surreal I am anxious excited nervous all at the same time . I think the best part was the weigh in this morning seeing the scale @466 instead of 488 was a major big deal so I lost 22 lbs big win for me yippe but still have a long way to go one more week to go on this liquid diet and I can finally have surgery what I have worked so hard to get here its all be worth it. I know my emotions and feelings may change the closer I get to the surgery day but right now im on cloud 9 and am looking forward to that bright future I am trying to see now!

Congrats on your weightloss so far! I am feeling very much the same way. (Also very excited to be away from work for a short time... starting to get a little burnt out so this will be a nice break on that mental front.) But it is definitely surreal to think that a week from now, we will have had surgery, been up and walking and starting the recovery process.

Today was my pre surgical testing all went well I was expecting a lot more but went smoother than I expected easy breeze. What came apparent to me as I sat there was that one week from today I will be having surgery. This is Starting to feel surreal I am anxious excited nervous all at the same time . I think the best part was the weigh in this morning seeing the scale @466 instead of 488 was a major big deal so I lost 22 lbs big win for me yippe but still have a long way to go one more week to go on this liquid diet and I can finally have surgery what I have worked so hard to get here its all be worth it. I know my emotions and feelings may change the closer I get to the surgery day but right now im on cloud 9 and am looking forward to that bright future I am trying to see now!
You have such a good attitude about this. You will progress very nicely as long as you keep up your enthusiasm!

Congrats on your weightloss so far! I am feeling very much the same way. (Also very excited to be away from work for a short time... starting to get a little burnt out so this will be a nice break on that mental front.) But it is definitely surreal to think that a week from now, we will have had surgery, been up and walking and starting the recovery process.
MissD- enjoy your time away from work. Take the time you need to recover and get acquainted with your new body.

Back