• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery scheduled for 1/16

Buzzmaam

I was originally going to have gastric banding, but at my pre-surgery appointment last Wednesday, I decided to have the sleeve. After reading more and more about the band, and then about the sleeve, I was leaning toward the sleeve. After talking to the NP, switched. My insurance pays for either but, of course, it has to be reapproved. The doctor's office is holding the date. I called the insurance company and they said 3-5 working days, so I'm hopeful that it won't change. We all know how long this process is (mine started last March), and I'm ready to move forward. Nervous, but ready!

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. Positive thoughts coming your way for the 16th. Lord only knows that insurance was my biggest difficulty for getting surgery done as well. Best Wishes!!

Congratulations on deciding on surgery.I hope the insurance company comes through quickly for you. Mine was really quick, and it was an overall approval for the band, sleeve, or RNY. I was really excited to find that my insurance company approved so quickly, as I have heard horror stories about other companies. Good luck on your upcoming surgery.

Back