• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery Scheduled for January 5. 2022

Rachiewoo

I am super excited & looking forward to my surgery! I am having the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery. My pre-surgical appointment is December 30th. 2021.

I am looking for anyone who might be my surgery buddy? I am nervous & excited at the same time. I have been ready for this surgery for almost 3 years now but i let my fear control me. I finally got super serious this past Summer 2021. July of 2021 I had my initial appointment with Surgeon & I started all my pre=op testing & psychological evaluation from there.

I am ready to have my life. I feel like I haven't had much of one for years now. I am ready to be able to stand for more than a few minutes at a time or walk more than a few feet without needing a break! I want to be here for my children & my children's children... I'd even like to maybe find love again one day.

I'd love any info anyone has to share that tells me what the days ahead are going to look like. (leading up to January 5th 2022) Again, if anyone is schedule at the begining of the new year, I'd love to hear from you!

Congrats on your date! I had the bypass in June of 2020. Have you gotten instructions for your pre-op diet yet?
No I haven't. I'm going to call Monday morning & ask about it. I didn't even put together there was a special diet until reading some of the threads in the forums. (i did know that I would have special restrictions leading up to the surgery... but not how long before. )
Is it typically 2 weeks?!

No I haven't. I'm going to call Monday morning & ask about it. I didn't even put together there was a special diet until reading some of the threads in the forums. (i did know that I would have special restrictions leading up to the surgery... but not how long before. )
Is it typically 2 weeks?!
I had bypass on July 12. My pre-surgery prep was 2 days of liquids only before surgery. It may depend on your pre-op weight, or just what your surgeon prefers.

If you look at the resources section below "new posts," you will find some excellent threads giving advice on what to buy before your hospital stay, what a typical surgery experience might look like, and help with post-surgery dietary suggestions.

Good luck with your next few weeks. Please keep us posted.

As Karen said it depends on what your surgeon needs from you before surgery to help things be safer. Some are 2 weeks, 2 days, 24 hours, and some are none. My BMI was at a borderline of being below the 40 for insurance approval, so I didn’t have one. But that’s pretty rare nowadays.

14 years ago I had no pre-op or post-op diet. My doctor gave me advice and a nutritionist in the hospital. My body drove the rest of what I could eat, with the foundation of Magic Milk. I developed my diet to focus on getting 50 to 70 grams of protein daily and after 14 months, had lost 115 pounds. I had a long plateau after losing 75 pounds. Your body will do what it does and rest assured, you'll get there eventually, but everyone is on a different clock.

I am super excited & looking forward to my surgery! I am having the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery. My pre-surgical appointment is December 30th. 2021.

I am looking for anyone who might be my surgery buddy? I am nervous & excited at the same time. I have been ready for this surgery for almost 3 years now but i let my fear control me. I finally got super serious this past Summer 2021. July of 2021 I had my initial appointment with Surgeon & I started all my pre=op testing & psychological evaluation from there.

I am ready to have my life. I feel like I haven't had much of one for years now. I am ready to be able to stand for more than a few minutes at a time or walk more than a few feet without needing a break! I want to be here for my children & my children's children... I'd even like to maybe find love again one day.

I'd love any info anyone has to share that tells me what the days ahead are going to look like. (leading up to January 5th 2022) Again, if anyone is schedule at the begining of the new year, I'd love to hear from you!

I am having RNY on Tuesday (the 21) and am SO nervous. I keep questioning if this is the right choice, but like Most I have tried sooooo many other things that did not work. So I know this is what’s best, but still makes me wonder! I am on a 2 week “liver shrink” diet, which has been hard, and tomorrow will be alllll clear liquids. And we’re traveling 3.5 hours (if the roads aren’t bad, if they are it’ll be longer!) I expect afterwords to be an adjustment, but everyone here is so encouraging!
Wishing you the best of luck!

Good Luck you will do fine. I'm a month behind you so keep in touch.

Back