• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

surgery scheduled oct 15th

7 Days and a wake up... WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a deep breath and relax.... You will do great.

Keep up posted on how you're doing...

breathing and knowing i have one week till surgery is nerve racking!

Hi! WELCOME to the Forum!!!

Everyone is nervous about surgery. It's natural to be excited and fearful at the same time. Try to relax and know all will be great :) This will be the beginning of your new healthier life.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Cheyenne :cool:.

Best wishes as your surgery date approaches. You have begun a new lifestyle; no longer centered around food.

You will do fine.

Ralph

ok thanks i will. i mean i'm ready for it to be here and done to start feeling better. any advise to after the hospital?

thanks.nope hope things are good your way too ralph

Thank you.

I reached my goal of under 200 in 8 months. I am happy.

I am physically in terrific shape now.

Off of all my meds.

Let me brag here so you can see all the benefits that can be attained by this wonderful WLS.

Accomplishments as a result of my Bariatric Gastric Bypass (11/4/2013)

• Diabetes resolved – off all meds, avg reading 110
• BP normal again – I am still taking bystolic 5mg. Resting pulse is around 60 and BP near or below 120/80. Without the bystolic my resting pulse is still in the 60s. However, my BP goes up to the high 130s/high 80s.
• Sleep Apnea resolved – I am not snoring nor do I believe I am stopping breathing. I will confirm this later this year.
• Legs no longer swollen
• Waist size has shrunk – Wearing size 44 pants
• Feet are smaller – I was able to put a pair of dress shoes on that I haven’t been able to wear.
• I stay under 1200 calories a day. Most days around 1000 calories.
• I have a lot more energy and I can dance, dance and dance!
• I can walk up neighborhood hills aggressively without having to stop; no longer breathless.
• My incontinence due to my prostatectomy has been resolved.
• I am able to sleep in my bed again. I had been sleeping In an upright chair to be comfortable.
• Dramatically reduced backaches; almost completely gone.
• I can bend over and tie my shoes now and I can see my toes.
• I can do dance steps again that I couldn’t do. The belly is gone!
• Now wearing size 42 slacks.
• Starting to sleep on my side again! This has happened in years!
• Intimacy much improved !!! 
• Fit in to a small diner booth !
• I can run up and down stairs several times without becoming breathless
• I squeeze out between two cars that were tightly parked together. A year ago I couldn’t get out of the car; I would be trapped.
• I squeezed into a size 38 pair of pants. (6/1/2014)
• Sleeping on side is comfortable now. (6/1/2014)
• Sleeping flat on my back is doing fine too. No longer need to be propped up. (6/1/2014)
• I have reached my goal of under 200. I weigh 197 (9/9/2014). Actually achieved this on 7/12/2014
• Size 38 Pants fitting comfortably now (9/9/2014)

Back