• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery Scheduled

My surgery date is January 27, 2023 I'm so excited and a little scared. I really truly feel I need this, at the same time I'm a little sad for not being able to eat my favorite foods again. Either way I'm still going through with the surgery. God help me. My main reason is pain and mobility. That has to mean more to me than cake and soda. Looking better wouldn't hurt either.

Congratulations on your decision to a new you and healthier life! You won't regret it!
You will likely be able to eat just about anything again, the key is to learn balance and moderation. Some people in general struggle with some foods, but ultimately it is you who makes the big changes.
The surgery gives you the opportunity to retrain your brain and learn how to eat properly. Balance, and nutritious but YOU do the work.
You can and will do it, it comes easier than you expect.
I wish you the best.

That has to mean more to me than cake and soda. Looking better wouldn't hurt either.
Exactly! Years ago when I first tried Weight Watchers, the motto was “Nothing taste as good as skinny feels.” I know it sounds vain and I realize that looking good is not anyone’s primary motivation, but it sure feels damn good sometimes! I’m down 85 pounds and finally starting to love myself again. It took years of self-loathing and feeling miserable in my body to finally do something about it. It was the best decision and I have no regrets. This journey is definitely a roller coaster of emotions and physical changes, but it is worth it!

Back