• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery set for December 16th!! New to group today!!

jn717

Hi everyone! I just joined your group today. I am set to have my surgery on December 16th. I have really gotten nervous over the last few weeks. I guess it deciding what brand vitamins to choose, what protein powder taste the best, will I be able to drink and eat okay after without getting sick? My surgeon team is wonderful and has a great reputation. I have been going through classes, counseling, and nutrition therapy since March. I guess if anyone has any information or stories they think would help I would appreciate it. What is you favorite protein shake, vitamins, other clear liquids? Has anyone tasted the Wal-Mart brand? Do you have any regrets?

It is really nice to have someone to talk to that is also going through this :)

WELCOME!!!

I bought my whey protein at walmart. It was the "Healthy Accents" brand. I thought it was delicious and only $20 for a super huge jar. I was happy with it. :) I had Flinstones chewable vitamins for the first 3 months then changed to regular Centrum tablets. I have Viactiv chocolate carmel Calcium chewables. I like this brand very much. I also had the Caltrate Calcium carmel chewables.. very good too!

Good Luck on your surgery!!!

Thank you for the response. They are wanting me to get special Bariatric vitamins and they are a lot more expensive. I didn't know if anyone bought other ones or not. Thank you again for your response!

I just had my surgery on Tuesday, and got gummy bear vitamins, which aren't too bad, Walgreens' brand of chewable Calcium 600+D, and sublingual B-12 (which actually tastes nice), also from Walgreens. The whey protein powder, I got from Costco. It's pretty good. The calcium is the least enjoyable, but they're eatable.

Still working out my eating and cravings.

Thank you for the response. They are wanting me to get special Bariatric vitamins and they are a lot more expensive. I didn't know if anyone bought other ones or not. Thank you again for your response!

Your welcome! I need to watch my money and compare ingredients to get the most for my money and just can't buy those special bariatric vitamins. My surgeon actually gave me a list of acceptable brands of vitamins like Flinstones, Centrum etc. - and chewable Calcium, B12 etc. and what to look for in the ingredients of other brands. Right now I'm taking 2 Centrum a day and they are huge to swallow but now at 4 1/2 months out from surgery I can do it okay. :)

Hi everyone! I just joined your group today. I am set to have my surgery on December 16th. I have really gotten nervous over the last few weeks. I guess it deciding what brand vitamins to choose, what protein powder taste the best, will I be able to drink and eat okay after without getting sick? My surgeon team is wonderful and has a great reputation. I have been going through classes, counseling, and nutrition therapy since March. I guess if anyone has any information or stories they think would help I would appreciate it. What is you favorite protein shake, vitamins, other clear liquids? Has anyone tasted the Wal-Mart brand? Do you have any regrets?

It is really nice to have someone to talk to that is also going through this :)
Hi JN.....im having gastric bypass surgery next Monday, the 21st..and i know exactly what you are going thru...I went to GNC today and got my protein powder drink mix..i got choc. and vanilla....and i ordered some chicken broth from this site just minuted ago...I got my B12 vitamins at CVS....and the other vitamins my daughter got for me...they need to be of purest quality, and NOT from China.....I have not tried the walmart brand....not knowing what to expect..im following my drs suggestions....looking forward to hearing from you.....sincerely, Migley

Back