• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery set for September 18!

RedMama

After my initial visit with the surgery coordinator today, I am all ready jumping through hoops but it's all worth it! I'm set up with the dietitian for my supervised diet , my PCP ran all of the blood tests, ekg and chest xray today. I have a gallbladder ultrasound on Monday. I have the dates for the support group and the informational seminar. The coordinator really think surgery will take place by September 18 or sooner. I am so relieved and hate to wish the Summer away but, COME ON SEPTEMBER!! :cool:

I know how u feel. I had to do 6 months with my PCP per my insurance I was so glad when that was over. Welcome to the fourm.

After my initial visit with the surgery coordinator today, I am all ready jumping through hoops but it's all worth it! I'm set up with the dietitian for my supervised diet , my PCP ran all of the blood tests, ekg and chest xray today. I have a gallbladder ultrasound on Monday. I have the dates for the support group and the informational seminar. The coordinator really think surgery will take place by September 18 or sooner. I am so relieved and hate to wish the Summer away but, COME ON SEPTEMBER!! :cool:

September will be here in no time! It's very exciting isn't it to know your new life is just around the corner. :)

Cheyenne

I understand the frustration of waiting. I start pursuing surgery last November and recently was notified that my surgery is June 20. Am so ready for the beginning of June to start my pre-op diet, start preparing for my hospital stay, and make arrangement for when I first come home.

Day 3 almost done post sleeve. Can't wait to add stage 2 liquids. Surgical wounds are not an issue. It feels like you did a bunch of sit ups and the next day you're sore. Mentally I'm struggling. I want to chew on something. Could not stomach Isopure Nestors. Absolutely horrible. My Nutritionest allowed me to do Syntrax powder. She saved my life. Today was a better day and headache wasn't so bad. Good luck girls, I'm at the stage where I'm wondering why I did this. I'm sure this will pass.

Back