• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery soon!

jendmiller

I will be getting the gastric sleeve on 7/28/15. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I know this will make such a positive change in my life and would love to meet people to share the experience with.

I will be getting the gastric sleeve on 7/28/15. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I know this will make such a positive change in my life and would love to meet people to share the experience with.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

Congratulations to your decision to have weight loss surgery! Which type surgery are you planning on having?

My gastric bypass saved my life. I wish I would have had surgery years ago before my health deteriorated. The good news is my health issues have all resolved and I am now very healthy!

Good Luck!

Cheyenne:cool:

Good luck on your new journey. I had the gastric sleeve in march. I think it has been going pretty well. Make sure you do what your surgeons plan is. Very important to keep your fluids in and protein. Plus your vitamins/supplements is a must! I was nervous myself because it was my first surgery ever, but on your first day after recovery get up and walk when your able to . It will help get rid of the air/gas and that makes you even more uncomfortable. Any more questions ask!

Janine

That's awesome, and it's exciting as well.....Get ready for the journey to begin, and give it all you've got! Passion for success is key!!!! Visualize yourself looking and feeling good. Just imagine an active and healthy lifestyle! It can and will be yours for the taking! This site is filled with many success stories and the most caring and awesome individuals, who truly are cheering you on for success!

Welcome.

Do participate in the forum.

Many of us come and go to this forum. However, we are always around.

Best wishes,

Ralph

Jen,

How are you doing now? Any tips?

Thank you,
Tracy

Hi Jendmiller,

It is an exciting time and an event to look forward to as you move in a different direction of your life! The changes that you slowly become acclimated with, will gradually become a new lifestyle habit. Each day as you work on the new you, your mind, body, and spirit will evolve into the new person you focus on becoming. Take it slow since slow and steady wins the race. Journal your daily progress if necessary, and attend support group meetings. When you pay attention to your hunger cues, and how you're feeling emotionally when you're hungry, it will set the tone of changing your attitude about food and its new purpose in your life. Please read my blogs on My Life, they will encourage, inspire, and motivate you to succeed! Best wishes to you, and since you're in the right mindset, I believe you will succeed! Be well! Linney

Last edited:
Oh my goodness my surgery date is on 10-19-2015. I am from Fulton New York. I am having my surgery at Crouse Hospital in Syracuse New York. Are you familiar with it? Well hope we can be support buddies
Booboo709

Oh my goodness my surgery date is on 10-19-2015. I am from Fulton New York. I am having my surgery at Crouse Hospital in Syracuse New York. Are you familiar with it? Well hope we can be support buddies
Booboo709

I'm so happy for you Boo Boo! That's less than 2 weeks away!!! AWESOME!!! The time will be here before you know it
:)

If I can be of any help to you, just let me know!

Cheyenne

Back