• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgeryyyy!

Hi :) I'm Rebecca and I'm 17. I may be a bit young for a surgery, as everyone seems to be saying. But I'm too young to weigh as much as I do, and to have the problems I do. I've been on diets and even weightloss pills since I was about 12, nothing worked for me. As of right now we are waiting until I turn 18 in December and then we go from there with my surgery date being in January. With prom to look forward to :) I basically am just becoming so nervous, I guess everyone does at some point. This is what I want, I know it is. But of course it's normal to be nervous. I'm just hoping to meet some people to talk me through it. We are considering the BPD, Bypass, or the sleeve surgery. More so the BPD right now. But hi, nice to meet you all :)

Hi Rebecca! Yes you are young but if this is what you want then its probably the right way to go. Good Luck! Yes everyone gets really nervous... I sure did. :cool:

hi and welcome, im nervous too, i am waiting on my first dr visit on nov 1 , all i do is think about this all day , my anxity is over the top wondering what is expected from insurance . well good luck and hang in there, we all are right here , so shout out if ya want to chat.. :)

I wish you the best. I hope the surgeon's office has a program for you with a lot of support. I go to a dietician and physical therapist for exercise. That really helps! If it helps, I didn't have any complications from the surgery. I had one sore area that bothered me after the surgery and I took pain medication for a couple of weeks, but it wasn't bad. Again, best wishes!

We have more in common because of our weight struggles than you might think. Please stay with the forum, or find friends your own age to chat with. You can do this!

I remember being super over weight in high school. It wasn't fun. Its not fun now! I wish you all of the best!!

Back