• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Sweating?

Is anyone else feeling hot and sweaty. I was walking around a store today and felt overwhelmingly hot. Like “ I have to sit down or get out of here” hot. I am 2 weeks post op. Maybe struggling to carry my body around on such limited calories?

Hi, I had a few experiences like this post surgery, as if I was going to pass out and had to sit down on the floor in a pharmacy for a bit. And they did happen the first few weeks after my surgery when I was out walking around the block or running errands. Usually, I feel colder now than I did before after shedding weight. I also just turned 50, so for all I know, maybe I was experiencing hot flashes, it's confusing to parse it all out. I had to really take it easy after my surgery. I would go out for a 20 minute walk and be completely wiped out the rest of the day.

Please do take it easy! I had read some other person's experiences of feeling just great a few days out from surgery, but I was not one of those people. I would have to drag myself out to get my walking in and then rest the remainder of the day. Please do take care. We are not old in our 50's, but we are not in our 20's either....the support on this website really keeps me going after surgery.

Hi, I had a few experiences like this post surgery, as if I was going to pass out and had to sit down on the floor in a pharmacy for a bit. And they did happen the first few weeks after my surgery when I was out walking around the block or running errands. Usually, I feel colder now than I did before after shedding weight. I also just turned 50, so for all I know, maybe I was experiencing hot flashes, it's confusing to parse it all out. I had to really take it easy after my surgery. I would go out for a 20 minute walk and be completely wiped out the rest of the day.
I can relate and understand your feelings. It's hard to have much energy when you can barely eat anything. I used to sweat profusely before surgery but not as much anymore. As you said I tend to stay to the colder side. I also am 50 and would love to know more about your experiences

That’s normal and you should not over do it . 20 to 30 minutes of any activity and then rest. Make sure you are getting your recommended grams of protein per day , sounds like you are not having enough protein to sustain your activity.

Back