• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Switching Sleeve to RnY

Badgy

I'm thinking about getting the RnY instead of the sleeve. Since the beginning of this, it was the sleeve that led me to the surgery. I was pretty opposed to bypass for myself, but after this lockdown from Covid, and my subsequent tumble off track... I'm seeing a bigger picture emerge.

I still can't admit that I have an eating
disorder. Basically because I'm pretty sure I don't. But when it comes to sweets... I cannot resist them... and when I start eating them, I cannot stop. If it was alcohol, I would be diagnosed an alcoholic.

Also, I'm on Instagram and most the sleeve successes are young. I also see a lot of them ending up with revision surgery down the line post-op. Revisions seem like second chances, and I need to believe through and through that this is a FINAL step. No second chances, or I will fail. I know this from when I quit smoking a dozen times using the patch. I needed a way to quit that wouldn't give me a second chance, so I went cold turkey and succeeded.

I'm so mad I let that stop inner voice sabotage my progress!

I'm fasting today as tomorrow is my colonoscopy/endoscopy. I'll start anew with my sparkling clean plumbing, lol.

The head CRN of the bariatric program in Michigan called me Monday to clarify that the bariatric program within the VA is still fully functional. (Yay) They're just awaiting the virus to subside to start scheduling again. I'm still in this. Even though I've gained, I'm still under the 12 lb loss that was required. All I need after tomorrow is a mammogram, the bariatric consult, and the psych eval.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

I've got this

Back