• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

T minus 2 weeks and counting!!!

MANDY2910

Surgery scheduled for 9/1 and my pre-op liquid diet starts tomorrow. I don’t know if my outlook will change as I go through the next two weeks but right now I am actually looking forward to it. Looking forward even more to it being over of course, but it’s not daunting like I thought I would feel. I think I am just ready.

Surgery scheduled for 9/1 and my pre-op liquid diet starts tomorrow. I don’t know if my outlook will change as I go through the next two weeks but right now I am actually looking forward to it. Looking forward even more to it being over of course, but it’s not daunting like I thought I would feel. I think I am just ready.
I learned in this group to keep stuff on hand because as you say, you don't know how you'll feel after. I know for me it was shocking how different things were afterward.

Do a search here for Magic Milk and take it to heart. You'll do so much better if you don't struggle to get your nutrients and proteins in without concern. I used Magic Milk as the liquid to make cream of wheat and cream soups, and it was awesome. it's also a fabulous base for smoothies of all kinds. The weight just melted off of me for the first three months and then I stalled, kinda, but I didn't gain, ever. When you stall, you should really increase your activity and the pounds will come off again soon.

congratulations on getting your date!

So day one was kind of a bear. I am allowed to have as many pickles or cucumbers as I want so that was a life saver. Only had two large pickles and the rest liquid and protein shakes. Today seems a lot better and I don’t have the gurgling stomach and hunger triggers. Never realized how many commercials and ads on Facebook there are for food and recipes. It was slow torture yesterday!

So day one was kind of a bear. I am allowed to have as many pickles or cucumbers as I want so that was a life saver. Only had two large pickles and the rest liquid and protein shakes. Today seems a lot better and I don’t have the gurgling stomach and hunger triggers. Never realized how many commercials and ads on Facebook there are for food and recipes. It was slow torture yesterday!
I noticed that post-op when i was home recovering how many food commercials there are. I think I even mentioned it on here somewhere.
You got this!

Day 3! I am actually doing pretty well today so far. My only issue is the fatigue! I Slept in until almost 9:30 this morning which is very unlike me.
On another note, I am having issues with my daughter not wanting me to have surgery. She has even had my ex-husband call and try to talk me out of it! She has sent me every ad she can find on different weight loss drugs and injections, told me about a million times that I can do it without surgery, and just blatantly told me not to do it because I could die. I don’t know what to say to her except it’s my decision and she needs to honor it. The closer I get to surgery the more ridiculous she is becoming. Any ideas of what to say to her to ease her mind a bit? Or is it a waste of time?

When I was pre-op, my husband wanted us to do 'medical' weight loss instead. I declined. They gave him Belviq, which was then proven to cause cancer and pulled from shelves. As are most of the wl drugs that come out.

Try to explàin that its just like any other surgery you might need. She wouldn't be this scared if you had to have your gallbladder removed. No one would suggest you avoid having cancer removed. Or a bad appendix.

Your current eating routine and fat storage are causing you serious health risks, now and in the future. A surgical reset of your weight and time to change your eating habits without your hunger hormones screaming that you are STARVING are (imho) well worth the risks associated with WLS.

Back