• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

taking your inventory

What are your challenges? What can we help with by sharing?
  • obsessing with cravings
  • Not meeting protein goal
  • Sneaking, snacking
  • Drinking too little water
  • Negative feelings, despair, depression
  • Physical pain
  • Being crabby, picking fights
  • Giving up trying
  • Not taking vitamins
  • Problems in relationships
  • Being shamed or criticized
  • Getting compliments
  • Not hungry
  • Preparing your own food

I feel I am overwhelmed with challenges lately but the big one is no longer eating healthy like I was before. Today I have to say, I did fairly well but I had really messed up this week.

So today I had to be tough with myself. I did not go through all I went through last year just to fall into bad habits all over again. I also have to get back into exercising and walking, especially now that I don't have the heat as an excuse.

Thank you for the list Diane. They are good journaling topics, another thing I need to get back to.

I also need to remember my affirmations. Today wasn't a bad day but tomorrow will be even better.

Now that I am allowed 3 meals a day on Phase 3, i find it hard to remember to drink enough. I have slacked off tracking as carefully and just try to remember at the end of the day how many times I fill up my glass. Rotating what I drink helps with that because I finish one whole cup before I refill and switch to another. It should work. Does anyone know if drinking more than 3 oz at a time is possible on Phase 3? It says to drink before meals now but that makes me too full to finish my meal so I still wait at least 15 minutes before meals like on Phase 2. I actually had my first nausea from being too full bc of a phase 3 meal. HOpe its my last, but realistically I know it won't be. I definitely know the signs of feeling full now and listen to myself and stop as soon as that feeling starts. I would rather be wrong about that and it just be gas or some other pain, then get noxious again.

One of my biggest issues so far is having the energy and lack of pain to do the stupid exercising.... I have two autoimmune disorders and my body feels like death some days... I plug away at least 3 days a week but am supposed to do it every day... At a loss for ideas
listen to your body. write everything you feel down in a journal. Tell everything to your medical team--EVERYTHING. there may be something you're noticing but not taking seriously. LET A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL DECIDE. You don't know what a doctor knows, or even a nutritionist. You have a complex medical profile and you need complex advice.

Back