• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tastes for things are changing

Keith Wells

Bariatric Guru
It seems I have gotten more sensitive to the taste of food. I am noticing My like of some foods are just not there anymore or just don't taste right anymore... I ask my wife or kids to try it and they say its fine.... Even drinking crystal lite seems real sweet.. I like having taste to what I drink but need to water it down now.... Miss pizza so we are going to do a pizza casserole, with ground turkey...

Hope all is good with everyone..

It seems I have gotten more sensitive to the taste of food. I am noticing My like of some foods are just not there anymore or just don't taste right anymore... I ask my wife or kids to try it and they say its fine.... Even drinking crystal lite seems real sweet.. I like having taste to what I drink but need to water it down now.... Miss pizza so we are going to do a pizza casserole, with ground turkey...

My surgery was on 27/17 Im having same problems. I had to have an endoscopy with dialation yesterday and last Thursday. Hard for me to even drink water! I am so hungry! Any suggestions?

My tastes have changed too. It's very odd. I want pizza casserole, but I'm sure it has some kind of dough, doesn't it? I'm amazed at how many pizza commercials there are.

My tastes have changed too. It's very odd. I want pizza casserole, but I'm sure it has some kind of dough, doesn't it? I'm amazed at how many pizza commercials there are.
No the pizza casserole doesn't have any dough, the recipe I found ----(optional saute vegis you want green peppers, onions etc and meat after the vegis are soft) You cook either lean ground beef or ground turkey then drain it put back in frying pan with your sauce let simmer for a bit to infuse the flavors, then put into a casserole dish add low fat mozzarella cheese add toppings, ( I tried turkey pepperoni before I added it and didn't like it) so I used ham and some black olives, then I added a little more cheese and put it in the oven at 350 until the cheese melted. you can leave it in till cheese browns a little if you like it that way.... It was so good....

My surgery was on 27/17 Im having same problems. I had to have an endoscopy with dialation yesterday and last Thursday. Hard for me to even drink water! I am so hungry! Any suggestions?
I have no real hunger, mine was all head hunger... thought I was hungry then I had to take a time out to really think on it. Is the water thing just sick of regular water? if so try some crystal lite or the store brands to add flavor with out sugar..... Hope things get better soon... Sorry I wasn't more help

No the pizza casserole doesn't have any dough, the recipe I found ----(optional saute vegis you want green peppers, onions etc and meat after the vegis are soft) You cook either lean ground beef or ground turkey then drain it put back in frying pan with your sauce let simmer for a bit to infuse the flavors, then put into a casserole dish add low fat mozzarella cheese add toppings, ( I tried turkey pepperoni before I added it and didn't like it) so I used ham and some black olives, then I added a little more cheese and put it in the oven at 350 until the cheese melted. you can leave it in till cheese browns a little if you like it that way.... It was so good....
That sounds good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I have found that foods I loved before surgery don't sound appealing at all now. I have a lot of head hunger so I am working on that. I do great at work but when I'm at home watching TV, I start thinking about what is in the kitchen I could eat. I have managed not to get above 1000 calories most days, so that is good.

I have found that foods I loved before surgery don't sound appealing at all now. I have a lot of head hunger so I am working on that. I do great at work but when I'm at home watching TV, I start thinking about what is in the kitchen I could eat. I have managed not to get above 1000 calories most days, so that is good.
You are not alone in having previous eating issues come back to haunt you. I've been dealing with boredom eating and being hungry so I eat more than 3 meals per day. I need to get this under control. I go on vacation in 9 days and I don't want to gain weight.

I have days I am hungry all the time and other days I have to remember to eat. I do good while I am at work but once I am home, I get hungry

yeah, I get bored in the evening and think of all the stuff in the kitchen to eat. Need to get out of that habit. I don't give in most of the time but sometimes I do.

May I ask why you had to have the endoscopic dilation? What were your symptoms?

Back