• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Teeth

Once you lose the calcium on your teeth, it doesn't grow back. So this is a really good issue to discuss with your dentist. I see a lot of products for strengthening your enamel but I think they're probably not real.

Of course taking calcium is a necessity if you're a woman from childbearing age to death. I do not want to have bad bone density.

Most older people do not fall and break their hips. Their hips break, causing the fall because they have osteoporosis or brittle bones or they just haven't figured out that they need to make sure their bones are strong.

We naturally drink less milk the older we get and a lot of people are anti-dairy or lactose intolerant.

In any event, 500 mg of calcium three times a day is the amount that women should be taking. Don't take it all at once because the body cannot absorb more than 500 mg at a time. But do add it to your pill box!

Back