• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

THE BIG DAY

I started this thread for the very purpose of announcing the date of your surgery. I'm sure we would all like to be thinking of you that day and sending you our best wishes.

Please reply with your surgery date.

oh, I'm done already--August 20, 2007.

I'm so excited for you! Please post everything post-op to our group!

the photo below was taken late in 2008, I think. took it for my bf. kinda shocking! too bad i didn't wipe that schmutz off the mirror before taking the picture.

Last edited:
Well, that was post-op & that "Slimsuit" helped to keep everything together. Believe me, I have sagging skin all over, just like everyone else who has a bypass. My face is a roadmap of deep wrinkles, largely because I smoked off & on for years. I can't find a photo that's recent enough to make my point, but here's one that's less than a year old:

I took that after I invested in a bunch of skin products to lessen wrinkles & increase collagen. It was going to be my "before" picture, or one of them. But my skin really didn't improve much & haven't taken any photos since. Anyway, check out the "family jowls." We don't have jewels, but boy, do we have jowls! & I inherited them. So okay, I'm going to stick one in here from the same photo-shoot, with makeup on:

Jowls. I look mad all the time.

I'm learning to live with my imperfections. I didn't appreciate my body when I was young, so I missed out on that pleasure. I now fill my day with affirmations that I'm okay, that I'm beautiful, that I'm getting better every day. After all, in the whole grand scheme of the world, this is really petty, unimportant stuff.

Thanks ttyson. Now it is the rush with the doctors they want to make sure everything is ready for me so nothing is holding it back

sunshine girl that is tomorrow. I wish you the best of luck. I will be praying for you. Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you can.

Back