• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

the disease of obesity

I didn't see this until today.

It just goes to show you you can have tons of money, recognition, admiration and perform selfless acts that benefit society, and the pinheads of the world will still go after any weakness or flaw they perceive, and attack you where it hurts the most.

It also underscores the fact that weight-loss surgery is a valid solution for our mental health. While we hear the negatives, and that may compel us to find this solution, the very fact that we have to take that drastic step in order to feel safe in society is not stressed enough.

And while people may be quick to make fat jokes and audiences will laugh at them, the pain is invisible to them, while it drives countless people to self-destruction.

I hope all our members have reached the point where they know their struggles are real and disease-based, and that their souls are pure and they have every right to exist as anyone else on our planet.

I'm glad I chose the surgical route for myself, but many people don't have that choice, or cannot bring themselves to make it for whatever valid reason.

No matter where you are on the journey, I hope you know you are fabulous at every moment.

1712085075535.png

Back