• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

The many benefits of having weight loss surgery

Linney

If you've just had weight loss surgery and are suffering from diabetes, this video is for you! Dr. Floch talks about how there's an obesity epidemic happening globally, in addition to the consequences and long-term effects it imposes, but also the benefits of having weight-loss surgery which can reverse many health issues.

Last edited:
If you've just had weight loss surgery and are suffering from diabetes, this video is for you! Dr. Floch talks about how there's an obesity epidemic happening globally, in addition to the consequences and long-term effects it imposes, but also the benefits of having weight-loss surgery which can reverse many health issues.

This was very comforting to watch. I am 63 and getting ready to have gastric bypass this month. I am diabetic, and have had it since my early 20s. I am just able to have this surgery. My surgeon knows that the diabetes is why I desire the surgery in the first place. So, I am grateful that there is a support group to follow. I feel this is a drastic last hope for me.

This was very comforting to watch. I am 63 and getting ready to have gastric bypass this month. I am diabetic, and have had it since my early 20s. I am just able to have this surgery. My surgeon knows that the diabetes is why I desire the surgery in the first place. So, I am grateful that there is a support group to follow. I feel this is a drastic last hope for me.
Hi Healthyfuture, I just had surgery in Jan 8th 2019 I to had diabetes very bad and was told I had only a year of quality life left. So I had Sleeve done I did weigh 430 and now way 320. fourteen days after surgery I was off my diabetes med's and no heart med's. I feel great and so happy I did it. Now working on my next 100 pounds. Hope this helps.

Hey Healthy, are you still reading this group? You should have had your surgery in March. Did you have it? If so how are you doing? We always need to hear reports from different members about their unique experiences. I am dying to know how you're doing.

Back