• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Things confusing..

With just having the seminar on August 13th 2019 got many questions but am sure as time goes on will get advice from everyone.Personally am not afraid to have the surgery.Just trying to understand everything needed done.I see the nutritionist on August 21st 2019 for the first time.I intend to do exactly what she tells me.I am also a diabetic and my dr says the surgery will help my diabetes.I wish to be healthier.

Good for you. Draft a list of questions as they come to mind, and ask your doctor and nutritionist. They want you to ask questions because they want you to have a clear understanding. This is life altering, and you need to go into surgery armed with information that can help you be successful. Best Wishes Sweetchick :)

Yeah, what Q said. And this might sound kind of simple but take notes. Take a lot of notes. Even use a tape recorder if you have to. There is an entire life full of new information and you didn't have this information before. If you did, you never would have needed the surgery. Take notes and make sure you put emphasis marks next to certain things like questions about pain and how bad the pain might be, and the really down home advice like don't weigh yourself 5 times a day.

Back