• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Think I found a protein shake

Christine Seese

Dreading the 2 week protein shake diet in 2 weeks, I've been trying a few different ones since ai could barely gag down the ones I had last time. So far the winner is Unjury chocolate splendor. It tastes just like chocolate milk. On Monday I am going to try their vanilla powder. We bought sample packets. Smart idea. I have a five lb container of powder that supposedly tastes like chocolate milk. Not even close. My hubby works with a lady who had bypass surgery two years ago. We figure we will give them to her and if she doesn't like them, she can throw them out. I hate to waste the money, but I'm not going to be miserable again.

Dreading the 2 week protein shake diet in 2 weeks, I've been trying a few different ones since ai could barely gag down the ones I had last time. So far the winner is Unjury chocolate splendor. It tastes just like chocolate milk. On Monday I am going to try their vanilla powder. We bought sample packets. Smart idea. I have a five lb container of powder that supposedly tastes like chocolate milk. Not even close. My hubby works with a lady who had bypass surgery two years ago. We figure we will give them to her and if she doesn't like them, she can throw them out. I hate to waste the money, but I'm not going to be miserable again.
I'm glad you found a protein shake that you can tolerate for your 2 week protein shake diet. Remember, your taste buds may change after surgery.....to save money don't go over board purchasing protein drinks before surgery. I just tried the Premier Protein Vanilla powder with milk. I mixed it with a packet of Amazing Grass Watermelon mix and it tasted okay. I think I'm going to try some of the recipes from the book I told you about.

I'm glad you found a protein shake that you can tolerate for your 2 week protein shake diet. Remember, your taste buds may change after surgery.....to save money don't go over board purchasing protein drinks before surgery. I just tried the Premier Protein Vanilla powder with milk. I mixed it with a packet of Amazing Grass Watermelon mix and it tasted okay. I think I'm going to try some of the recipes from the book I told you about.
If my tastes change, I am going to order that book. Probably will anyway. I tasted the vanilla and it was very good also. Thanks for the heads up.

Christine,
There is a company in Oakwood Ga called "The Bariatric Pantry". It is on Railroad St. It is both online and open facility. You can get samples from them to try. I went by there today and spoke with the president, Monica, and shopped for some items for myself. I found out about it when I was in the hospital and the Bariatric Coordinator came by with a goodie bag and told me about it. They have so much to choose from. Check it out now for later. Good luck!

Christine,
There is a company in Oakwood Ga called "The Bariatric Pantry". It is on Railroad St. It is both online and open facility. You can get samples from them to try. I went by there today and spoke with the president, Monica, and shopped for some items for myself. I found out about it when I was in the hospital and the Bariatric Coordinator came by with a goodie bag and told me about it. They have so much to choose from. Check it out now for later. Good luck!
Thanks for the info Pooh. Right down the road from Gainesville.

Back