• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

This can't be my new life?

I had GS 5 weeks ago and I still do't feel to good. I can only get a couple of sips down before i feel stuffed, my stomach feels like it closed and the food doesn't digest, which makes me sick and i throw up! I'm constipated as well! This can't be my new life? Has anyone had this same experience.....please share!!! i'm getting concerned and depressed.

Have you spoke to your doctor about it? I had my surgery 2 1/2weeks ago and I can already eat soft foods very easily. I have had nibbles of meat and had no problems. I have not had any nausea or digestion problems. My doctoy said if i get constipated to take Milk of Magnesia. If your constipated that might be why you are having problems eating and digesting. Talk to your doctor.

I had GS 5 weeks ago and I still do't feel to good. I can only get a couple of sips down before i feel stuffed, my stomach feels like it closed and the food doesn't digest, which makes me sick and i throw up! I'm constipated as well! This can't be my new life? Has anyone had this same experience.....please share!!! i'm getting concerned and depressed.
Sorry about what you are going through. Call your Doctor and don't give up on yourself!!!

I had gastric bypass Revision March 20th Hello everyone,,,,

Hi Nancy, I'm new to all of this right now. I only just learned that the surgeon my weight loss Dr referred me to for a consult is strongly recommending the full bypass surgery. We are leaning toward it since I've got some major health problems that can apparantly be reversed with it but we're a bit scared of it. I was just here trying to find out more about it. Everything is on hold right now but the surgeon said he is shooting for September or as soon after as he can with the pandemic.

Very good to meet you here too.

Back