• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

This is why it’s so important to listen to your body….

Lesa Marie

I do NOT want any sympathy but posting this to educate other’s. I’ve held off for almost a week now going to the ER/doctor cause of personal reasons and today scared me so I gave in and went. I’m now being admitted…. I should have known better but obviously I didn’t make the best decision on putting myself first. Us mom’s are always doing for everyone else, just like dad’s. However, we can’t take care of our family if we don’t take care of ourselves. As a side not, I want to thank you Dianne for encouraging me to get into a doctor. Your words definitely matter.

I'm so glad you went, Lesa Marie! People are naturally reluctant to take that leap because they think they'll get better... soonish.

Please keep us posted about your hospital visit.

:):):):):):):):):)
I’m thankful as well. You are spot on cause that’s exactly what I was hoping for. Every day I was like “I won’t have any sugar or I’ll change something else that might be the problem”… The doctor came in a few hours ago and told me that he believes I had a heart attack based off test they ran. He’s not sure when it happens but believes it to be recent. In the morning I’ll have a CT scan done on the brain to check for signs of a stroke and then a stress test on the heart along with imaging to check on the heart. Never in a million years did I think I would here all this at 36 yrs old. I’ve always been healthy for the most part. Life is so precious and I’m thankful for every day the Lord has given me and hopefully continues to.

OMG, girl! You rest easy, but update us when you can.

I hope people read this and don't take risks when their body gets weird.

I know how hard it is not to feel like a drama queen by going to the ER when you're sure they'll think you're a hypochondriac but I'll tell ya, I'd rather be laughed at than die at home out of fear of embarrassment.

I'm SO GLAD you went!!!!!

I’m thankful as well. You are spot on cause that’s exactly what I was hoping for. Every day I was like “I won’t have any sugar or I’ll change something else that might be the problem”… The doctor came in a few hours ago and told me that he believes I had a heart attack based off test they ran. He’s not sure when it happens but believes it to be recent. In the morning I’ll have a CT scan done on the brain to check for signs of a stroke and then a stress test on the heart along with imaging to check on the heart. Never in a million years did I think I would here all this at 36 yrs old. I’ve always been healthy for the most part. Life is so precious and I’m thankful for every day the Lord has given me and hopefully continues to.
I'm sorry to hear this. It's a good thing you decided to listen to your body and get things checked out. Hoping for the best as you navigate these health issues and any new lifestyle changes required. Thinking of you!

Oh my goodness, Lesa!! WTF!?! I don't blame you for not expecting a heart attack at your age. I hope you are feeling better soon. Take care of yourself and keep us updated as you can.

As an FYI for everyone, those ads that inform you are based in the signs of a heart attack in men only. Women often have no chest pain and totally different symptoms.

Those include:
Discomfort or pressure in chest
Back or neck pain
Nausea or vomiting
Excessive sweating
Dizziness

Oh my goodness, Lesa!! WTF!?! I don't blame you for not expecting a heart attack at your age. I hope you are feeling better soon. Take care of yourself and keep us updated as you can.

As an FYI for everyone, those ads that inform you are based in the signs of a heart attack in men only. Women often have no chest pain and totally different symptoms.

Those include:
Back or neck pain
Nausea or vomiting
Excessive sweating
Dizziness
Thank you Missy for that timely reminder that many female heart attack symptoms are so different from men's. Lesa that's such a blessing that you got to the ER.

Its been a very scary ride, that’s for sure but I’m thankful I went when I did and I just wanted to give an update for those that are wondering how things are going. It’s too much for me to input it all over again on here so I will just copy and paste what I told Dianne in a private message………

Hi Diane, I was actually released yesterday and told to follow up with my doctor which I already have an appointment with. All my blood work plus the thyroid and heart enzyme test they ran came back completely normals. My brain scan came back amazing (thank God) and so did all the heart test they ran. No blockages or abnormalities of any kind. They also do not see any signs of damage due to a heart attack so if I truly had one which they think I did then it wasn’t powerful enough to damage anything. I do have thinning of the heart walls which can be completely normal for many of us. In my case it is not effecting me (**Edited..right now) but we can always strengthen our heart walls by exercising, eating well and so fourth. I’m sure a lot of that thinning happened with being obese for so many years. So with all that being said, my symptoms are still a mystery so I’m moving onto other possible reasons of why I’m feeling the way I am all the sudden. It’s scary when I feel like I’m going to pass out for no apparent reason multiple times throughout the day. Plus the constant headaches that are brought on by all of this is really hard but I’ll be okay cause I have to be. My step dad is passing away from cancer so I’m going to visit him in TX Friday and then as soon as I get back I’ll be going to my doctors appointment for all of this. You’re so very sweet to check on me. I appreciate you more than you know. I hope you’re having a great week so far.

Those include:
Back or neck pain
Nausea or vomiting
Excessive sweating
Dizziness
That is very interesting, thank you for sharing!

One more important symptom. My sister had terrible pain in her jaw for a few weeks. Went to dentist who found nothing. Few weeks later had a heart attack. Found out this is also a symptom of having a heart attack. Moral of story- we know our bodies better than anyone. If something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.

One more important symptom. My sister had terrible pain in her jaw for a few weeks. Went to dentist who found nothing. Few weeks later had a heart attack. Found out this is also a symptom of having a heart attack. Moral of story- we know our bodies better than anyone. If something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
OMG!!!…. So THIS is why everyone there kept asking me about pain in my jaw! They also asked me repeatedly if I was experiencing any numbness in certain parts of my body. I only had left arm throbbing which I’ve experienced before.

Back