• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

This Wednesday!

My surgery (VSG) is happening in three days, on March 13th, 2014! Tomorrow I have my final pre-op meeting with my surgeon and the pre-op EKG, then I check in at 6:30 am on Wednesday. I'm getting all riled up. The RN asked me if I could be up and going through the readiness process before 5:00 am- as if I'm going to be able to sleep on Tuesday night. How cute.

I'm so happy for you.... I can feel your excitement! Good luck and remember you got this!! I told my doctors in the OR.... to make sure they bring me back! They giggled... (and obvi did)

Stay positive and have faith that you are healthy enuf to handle the surgery, and no matter anything else.... just focus on sips of water if you're nervous about pain with your new "plumbing"...Stay positive....what you say to yourself will determine your experience.
Thousands of these operations are done, and thousands of success stories have resulted...keep telling yourself you WILL be one of them

Congratulations! It really IS life changing. And its good your surgery is First thing ok n the morning. Imagine waiting all day lol good luck for a speedy and uneventful recovery!!

Back