• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Three days post op. For the love of gas!!

Christy0829

Sweet lord! I feel like one of those cows that got into the wrong feed! Luckily the gas is passing, but that’s about the worst of it. I cried by myself in my big huge hospital room (not sure why, not wanting to be given too many drugs but probably needing more than I had). So far not much to report which I suppose is a good thing. My nurse called me today asking if I had had a bowel movement… I had to chuckle because what prey tell would there be to “move”? Lots of gas tho, this is good. Clear fluids for 3 more days and on to full liquids. It’s so weird because I don’t know what I expected but I really truly feel pretty good! (Aside from the gas… did I mention the gas?)
-c

Sweet lord! I feel like one of those cows that got into the wrong feed! Luckily the gas is passing, but that’s about the worst of it. I cried by myself in my big huge hospital room (not sure why, not wanting to be given too many drugs but probably needing more than I had). So far not much to report which I suppose is a good thing. My nurse called me today asking if I had had a bowel movement… I had to chuckle because what prey tell would there be to “move”? Lots of gas tho, this is good. Clear fluids for 3 more days and on to full liquids. It’s so weird because I don’t know what I expected but I really truly feel pretty good! (Aside from the gas… did I mention the gas?)
-c
I'm in the same boat! Trying to get up and walk around but I can't really stand up straight yet. Seems weird to have to have a bowel movement when we haven't had anything to "eat" for days. Good luck to you and wishing you a speedy recovery~

5 days in now. Been moving around more this a.m., but still shaky/weak feeling. I've started having 1 protein shake a day as told by my doc. I slept on my right side last night and found myself on my stomach this a.m. and very sweaty. Wrong move there! Drinking 64 oz small amounts at a time and taking my psych meds. Have appt with psych 4/10. I'm just hoping the shakes are a normal part of the recovery and not having anything to eat and not because I'm not absorbing my meds. Took Colace yesterday and had success today. Not normal stool at all, but at least it's vacated my bod! Any input from the ones that have been through this and are healing or healed would be appreciated. A little moody. No hunger pangs at all, more just "wanting" something more solid? bulky? satisfying? Hope everyone is well. Loops, how are you? Christy? This Old Jenn?

5 days in now. Been moving around more this a.m., but still shaky/weak feeling. I've started having 1 protein shake a day as told by my doc. I slept on my right side last night and found myself on my stomach this a.m. and very sweaty. Wrong move there! Drinking 64 oz small amounts at a time and taking my psych meds. Have appt with psych 4/10. I'm just hoping the shakes are a normal part of the recovery and not having anything to eat and not because I'm not absorbing my meds. Took Colace yesterday and had success today. Not normal stool at all, but at least it's vacated my bod! Any input from the ones that have been through this and are healing or healed would be appreciated. A little moody. No hunger pangs at all, more just "wanting" something more solid? bulky? satisfying? Hope everyone is well. Loops, how are you? Christy? This Old Jenn?
I’m good!! Super gassy and I totally get the wanting more. I’ve been good on my meds too I haven’t taken anything for pain since day 3 besides a Tylenol. I’m finding the gas passes easier if I sit on the toilet, but my feet keep falling asleep! Lol! I don’t know how my guy sits there for hours it seems. I’ve had successs on the #2, but don’t really understand how with only clear fluid. I feel like it’s been pretty smooth sailing so far besides the bathroom stuff and feeling like my body needs more than broth, sugar free jello, and sugar free popsicles. Fingers crossed for my post op tomorrow! I can’t wait to get on some full fluids and maybe that’ll normalize my digestion!

Back