• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Three more days

lsales4363

The good news/bad news - The week is going very quickly / I've already put in 7 hours of OT and I know that I have a full day in store for tomorrow and will probably have to go into work on Sunday to tie up loose ends.

Stop take a deep breath, and then breathe... Now is the time to learn how take care of yourself.

I started getting calls 3 days after surgery and very politely told people, "Look you need to remember I had major surgery 3 days ago. Leave me alone."
I got the "Uh Uh UH I am not trying to bother you," my response was "Well then why are you calling me every 5 minutes AND e-mailing me every 3 minutes?"

Now is the time to grasp that you do matter, you are important and that people will learn to survive and make choices and decisions on their own..
You need to care about yourself more than you do others.
"If you cannot take care of yourself first and foremost, then you will not be able to care for others." I have said this for many years. It was learned first hand 14 years ago when my oldest had a stroke.

The good news/bad news - The week is going very quickly / I've already put in 7 hours of OT and I know that I have a full day in store for tomorrow and will probably have to go into work on Sunday to tie up loose ends.

Monday will be here in a blink of an eye! You must be so excited!!! :) Keep us posted as soon as you feel well enough. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Stinkerbelle gave you some great advice now is the time that you need to take for you. You will do great. Prayers going up for you for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Thank you Tillie... :)

Isales have you packer your bag?

Make sure you take some PJ bottoms to cover your hoo-haa. You will have you incisions checked quiet frequently.. LOL My surgeon aske me the first check if I had panties on, NO, so ge used a pillow over the tops of my thighs an va jay-jay to make sure things were covered. After that I always had PJ bottoms on woth my nighties.. Not to mention you will be chilly.

OH ladies another thing I forgot to mention, take some pads or tampons, doesn't matter if you menopausal or not.. Seems the instant hormonal change my bring your period on, especially if you have polycystic ovaries..
My surgeon said it was quiet normal..

I did pack a loose pair of pajama bottoms and oversized t-shirt. I have a nice pair of cushy slippers with non-slip soles. But most importantly, I have a new Snoopy (from Kohl's cares) to keep me company in the hospital. I rarely go without one. No need for the sanitary items - last time I had surgery was a hysterectomy. I also have my various disability insurance forms completed. Our company offers one (on top of the State disability) ans I have AFLAC disability coverage. The trick will be getting the doctor to file them out. The state program is all on-line.

Back