• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

THREE MORE WEEKS-what advice can you give

sharpmind

its 3 wks. to the day I change my life for the better. Just finished my exercise and thought about a thread to get input from those of you who've already started. I did get instructions for my WLS center but any personal tips and advice would be helpful. Such as: what should I be doing right now to get ready or foods / stuff to have on hand for when i come home. what about 5-6 months out what is a staple food item to have in the house. I've learned so much from all ya'll and appreciate all you do.

its 3 wks. to the day I change my life for the better. Just finished my exercise and thought about a thread to get input from those of you who've already started. I did get instructions for my WLS center but any personal tips and advice would be helpful. Such as: what should I be doing right now to get ready or foods / stuff to have on hand for when i come home. what about 5-6 months out what is a staple food item to have in the house. I've learned so much from all ya'll and appreciate all you do.

I was on a liquid diet the first week after surgery. I was allowed applesauce and cottage cheese the second week along with the liquids. The third week I could have tuna, salmon and flaky white fish and eggs. Fish became my staple for the first 3 months or so. It satisfied me and I felt very well and I loved eating it. After about 3 months I ate alot of chicken breast and still do (I'm 8 1/2 months out now) even though I can have other meats which I eat too on occasion. I build my meals around my protein (chicken, fish and eggs) Some doctors encourage protein shakes but my surgeon discontinued protein shakes after the first couple of months and wants his patients to eat real food. So check with your surgeon before you buy your supplies.

Cheyenne

Back