• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Time to eat crow

Kathi_S

Wasn't sure if eating crow or karma was the right topic for this post but here it is.

Yesterday I was on my little soapbox (it used to be bigger but I've been sizing down), and was yapping about how I can get on the scale every day, no problemo. It doesn't bother me if the weight goes up, cuz I understand water weight, yada yada....

Well, as most of you know, I was recently advanced to regular foods. Something very strange happened when I started regular foods, my weight started dropping again.

At my last visit with my surgeon, 10 days ago, I weighed 179 lbs. He told me to expect to lose 1 lb a week from here on. But as of yesterday, I'd lost 6 lbs (175 lbs).

Now, I know my weight has been dropping significantly, because of my clothes. I went down a size in underwear in a week. So stay with me folks, this is when poor Kathi has to fess up and admit that she wishes she didn't get on the friggin scale this morning, and wonder why she is talking in third person all of a sudden!

Okay, so this morning eager meager me gets on the scale and it reads 169.8! I screach and yell to my husband to come and see, but by the time he gets there the reading is gone. So I get off and get back on. This time it says 168.0! I'm losing by the minute! So I try again! This time it says 165.3! I try again! It says 163.5!

OMG!!!

MY SCALE IS BROKEN!! How long has it been broken? What is the last weight that I can believe? Now the only thing I know for sure is that 10 days ago I weighed 179 and now I wear size 7 underwear?

Oh yeah, also for some bizarre reason I've been thinking I was going to be 62, but I am actually only going to be 61, so I also gained a year. So I don't know what the heck is going on in the universe, but would someone please make it stop.

Okay, so this morning eager meager me gets on the scale and it reads 169.8! I screach and yell to my husband to come and see, but by the time he gets there the reading is gone. So I get off and get back on. This time it says 168.0! I'm losing by the minute! So I try again! This time it says 165.3! I try again! It says 163.5!

Oh yeah, also for some bizarre reason I've been thinking I was going to be 62, but I am actually only going to be 61, so I also gained a year. So I don't know what the heck is going on in the universe, but would someone please make it stop.

Oh, girl, I feel ya about the crazies! How can a knot get tighter and more complex when you think you're untying it?

My all-purpose explanation for mechanical weirdness is that my bathroom must be built over a sacred burial ground. Ghosts!

It's halloween, babeeeee!

Can i have that 62, by the way? I can't deal with 70.

Oh, girl, I feel ya about the crazies! How can a knot get tighter and more complex when you think you're untying it?

My all-purpose explanation for mechanical weirdness is that my bathroom must be built over a sacred burial ground. Ghosts!

It's halloween, babeeeee!

Can i have that 62, by the way? I can't deal with 70.
You can be any age and weight you want to be. If one day you need to be 62, 52, or 42 just to keep up with how you're feeling inside, what the heck, choose your age. And why not?. Choose an age that fits you as well as your new wardrobe does, at least from time to time, unless you get pulled over of course. ❤❤

Same thing Kathi with trying on any of those weights that you know you'll be achieving pretty soon anyway. Dance around in your size 7s and shout out any of those new numbers! ❤❤

Maybe I should have seconds, but I really would rather not have a repeat of this morning! Losing weight by the second is great, but it left me wondering all day about how long it's been broken.

Such a cruel joke the scale has played on me. If my husband was more technologically advanced, I'd be convinced he was behind this!

Thank you for a great giggle today. The hospital gave husband a new scale. So I have a working scale in my house. I don’t want a scale I don’t want to be a number. I live for the NSV sweetie, I did the size 7 undies. Jump for joy. To test a non battery operated scale I remember mom getting out the 10 pound bag of flour or sugar fresh from the store. Or ten cans of 1 pound foods. Have fun with the magic scale

Back