• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tired of the plateau!

Hello ... I am on a plateau and surely tired of it! I think I've lost the same five pounds a half dozen times now. Been counting calories. Drinking more water. I did buy a Fitbit (digital pedometer that I just LOVE) which made me realize how much exercise I was NOT doing so that has helped. I tried products similar to these a long time ago (before surgery) and done very well (of course it was a diet so the weight came back on with a vengance). But I know they work so I'm blessed to find them again and know that they work well. I'm confident that once I get off the plateau, drop some weight that I can keep it off.

Hi Sue,
I'm only almost 5 months out from surgery. I hit a plateau a few weeks ago and have done everything I can to move that scale. Finally it has moved a few pounds but not much. I think it is our body's way of trying to stop our starvation, or so our body thinks. You can't eat too little, you can't eat too much. It is really discouraging but if I hang in there I hope my body starts losing faster again.
You are almost 2 yrs out but I think your body is trying to do the same thing.. it wants to keep you from starvation. Maybe try changing your diet somewhat. High protein and limited carbohydrates is best which I'm sure you know. Good Luck!!!

Try switching things up. One thing I learned from being a gym rat is that our bodies adjust to change rather quickly. Even if you bumped up your calorie intake by 150 (adding a protein shake) it could change things drastically.

Back